Cellular Field Design Engineer
Jersey City , New Jersey , United States
Posted: Oct 26, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200303541
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming products, services, and customer experiences very quickly! Do you want to impact millions of users by developing an extra-ordinary product with a prime focus on accuracy, understandability and performance of the product? We are the Apple Field Design Engineering team, and we are seeking a highly motivated and technical individual to work on testing unreleased apple products. You will be responsible for evaluating the latest iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch hardware systems, in the field, from early prototype to final products, on different network and wireless technologies, including performance metrics creation/evolution, post processing and analysis of device logs from the field. Come join our team and become part of a hands-on team that fosters engineering excellence, creativity and innovation. We are a team of multifaceted, encouraging people and innovative technologies are the norm here. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish, imagine what you could do here!
- You have a minimum 0-3 years hands-on experience with end to end testing of cellular technologies that includes test plan preparation, field testing, log analysis & debugging UE issues.
- You have working knowledge in at least one of the wireless technology 5G NR, LTE/LTE-A, UMTS.
- Deep understanding of cellular protocol stack from LTE PHY/MAC to higher layers, Call processing.
- Familiarity with RF test equipments i.e. R&S, Spirent, Agilent/keysight for wireless validation.
- You have experience owning a complete functional area of an application or product with clear communication across multiple levels in the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, detailed oriented, analytical, able to work independently.
- Travel for work up to 50% (domestic and sometimes internationally)
We are looking for someone who will work with the HW/SW development teams and other cross functional teams on identifying issues impacting the Cellular performance. You will perform deep dive analysis into internal logs to understand and identify root cause of any HW/System issue.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Master's preferred.
- - Hardworking and ambitious, able to take on obstacles in innovative ways
- - Knowledge of Antenna/ RF design is a plus.
- - Basic scripting experience (Shell/Perl/Python/Matlab)