Payments Software Engineer, Apple Pay
New York City , New York , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Oct 25, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200303439
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly! You bring passion, and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. This position is for a Software Engineer within the Apple Pay Payments Engineering team. We are looking for engineers who want to be a part of building the next generation of payment technology. As part of this team, you will have the opportunity to explore and contribute to a wide variety of exciting projects.
- Software engineer with a strong Computer Science background. Familiarity with object-oriented design, data structures, state pattern, database entity relationship modeling, and functional programming.
- Proficiency in modern programming languages, preferably JVM based languages but other languages also considered.
- Knowledge or experience in building scalable and performant web services
- Proficiency in building easy to use, robust, and concise RESTful APIs
- Experience building projects for complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers at scale
- Motivated, self-started with ability to communicate thoughtfully and have a keen eye for detail
- Develop highly reliable, scalable Java server platforms with an attention to detail - Collaboratively designing server APIs with cross-functional teams for an spec first approach to feature delivery - Follow our software development process including writing unit tests, integration tests, and performing code reviews - Drive independently a project from inception to production deployment - Learn and apply new technologies quickly - Demonstrate ability to deliver results on time with high quality
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent, MS preferred.
- Any of the following experience is an advantage but not required:
- - Experience working in payments or financial technology industry
- - Experience in both SQL and NoSQL databases
- - Experience with reactive programming
- - Experience designing and building Spring based micro-services platform leveraging OpenAPI and message queues software
- - Familiarity with public cloud platforms (AWS, GCP etc)
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- We promote innovation and new technology to further improve our creative output. Multifaceted, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. You will be part of building an extraordinary team. We're looking for a hardworking and passionate person to join this amazing team, if you feel this is you, we'd love to hear from you.