DFM Data Technologist
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Posted: Oct 28, 2021
Role Number: 200299817
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple products are as beautiful on the inside as they are on the outside. Inside every one of our products, are some of the world's most challenging consumer PCBA and Flex designs. Imagine yourself as a select member of the team that brings these assemblies from concept to high volume manufacturing.
- Lead small team projects or project team to understand business objectives and propose impactful solutions.
- The DFM Data Technologist will have familiarity in Data science, Data mining, Multivariate statistics, Computer vision, Machine learning
- 1-2 years of research or process development experience in an applicable field (SMT, component assembly, test)
- Familiarity with innovative machine learning tools and techniques
- Strong background in experimental design and statistical analysis
- Familiarity with algorithm implementation in C/C++
- Experience with data visualization and presentation, familiar with data analysis tools such as Tableau and JMP
- Experience developing and deploying Manufacturing data and automation tools for quality and efficiency improvements of factories/suppliers
- Ability to work with a multi-functional team to define requirements and suitable metrics for the performance of new products and process.
- Proven ability to self-manage and deliver results in a pure development role.
- Experiment design, analyze data and build analysis tools
- Capability and willingness to travel, i.e. >10%.
This is a key position that is a focal point for analyzing design and factory data to develop an accurate statistical model to help make design decision, cost reduction, and factory efficiency. This engineer will also help identify new perspectives for old and new data and present meaningful data visualization across various involved teams. Individual will find opportunities to develop tools that will improve the work flow and efficiency of the engineering department.
Education & Experience
MS in IE/CS/CE/EECS/Math/Physics/Data Science or equivalent experience
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
- Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law.
- Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.