Software Developer Engineer - Test (Technology Development Group)
Boulder , Colorado , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Oct 30, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200307205
Apple's Technology Development Group is looking for a highly motivated Software Developer in Test to develop internal tools for a wide range of critical product technology teams. You will provide a key function in shaping the success of Apple's current and future products, and help deliver exciting new software features while maintaining Apple's world class quality.
- Experience writing code in Objective C or Swift to test an API, SDK, or Frameworks
- Experience writing and triaging automated software tests (e.g., unit-tests, regression tests, functional tests, stress tests)
- Experience in developing test plans, assessing risk, filing appropriate bugs, and consolidating bug reports
- Experience in driving development and deployment of relevant testing tools and infrastructure
- Experience with XCTest and Xcode
- Detail oriented, analytical, and creative problem solver with passion for quality processes
- Ability to triage problems, prioritize accordingly, and propose a resolution
- Ability to work independently, raise issues and take corrective action
- Keen eye for detail
As a Software Engineer in Test, you will work in a multi-functional team which is responsible for projects such as SpringBoard. You will work closely with software engineers, project managers and other Apple quality teams. You will ensure that Apple delivers the next generation of its operating systems with the highest quality by providing continuous integration testing. A mix of manual testing supplemented by automated suites help ensure scale, but need to be able to focus on the larger projects while sweating the small UI details .
Education & Experience
BS ME, EE, CE, CS, or equivalent engineering degree
- If you are a Colorado resident, this is for you:
- At Apple, we see the whole you. We carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors, including your background and experience. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary. A Software Engineer in Test starts at a minimum annual salary of $107,500. The actual pay may be higher depending on your skills, qualifications, and experience. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Every Apple employee also has the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder, because all team members are eligible for stock grants and also a discount when purchasing Apple stock.
- We offer all kinds of ways to experience well-being, confidence, and satisfaction. Learn more about Apple benefits.
- Note: Apple benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.