Hampton Lumber is a family-owned wood products company headquartered in Portland, Oregon. With over 1,700 employees, we operate ten sawmills in Western Oregon, Washington, and British Columbia. We also manage timberland and operate a wholesale and export division. With nearly 80 years in the sawmill business, we are proud to have cultivated the knowledge and experience needed to grow and prosper, even in challenging times. We always look to the future and invest in our people, new technologies, and continuous improvement processes and techniques.
The primary function of the Entry Level position at Banks, Oregon mill is to learn different sort stations, infeed and outfeed sorters, and clean up to keep the facility clean in order to eliminate safety and fire hazards. The individual in this position will work in the Sawmill and/or Planer. Work schedule; four ten-hour days followed by three days off each week. You will gain the job experience to be able to apply internally when advanced positions with increased wages become available.
**Hiring and Recruitment Bonus Program.
Pay starts at $19.06 and within 3 months could be $22.70!
Generous company-paid assistance for Medical and Dental insurance premiums; cost-effective co-pays & deductibles. Vision, Short Term Disability, Roth and pre-tax 401k, with a 2% company match and an additional 5% annual employer contribution, fully vested after three years.
- Be willing to learn different sort stations
- Be open to training and cross training for different positions
- Be flexible to move from position to position based on supervisor discretion
- Maintaining a safe environment and comply with all Safety policies/procedures
- Apply good housekeeping standards to your area or any area you observe
- Perform quality control measurements and apply to your work area
- Cooperation and patience while being trained or training other employees
- Completion of high-school or GED preferred
- Sawmill experience preferred but not required
- Must be able to safely work at a moderate to fast pace
- Lifting is 20-30 pounds on a continuous basis
- Must be willing to learn new skills
- Be a team player and self-starter
More About Us
With around 50 employees, our Banks mill is our smallest mill, which provides for a tight-knit team and many opportunities for advancement. We are very much part of the Banks community and are proud to be involved in supporting school organizations and activities, local businesses, and enhanced access to nature and wellness.
Learn more at hamptonlumber.com, or follow us on Facebook: @HamptonLumber. You can also learn about our company and our priorities by visiting our blog.
Hampton Lumber is an equal opportunity employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Disability accommodation available: If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please contact the Human Resources Office for the location you are applying.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please see these government posters: EEO is the Law and its accompanying temporary supplement.