Millwright - Journey Level
Hampton Lumber is a family-owned forest products business headquartered in Portland, Oregon, employing about 1,600 people primarily in Washington, Oregon, and British Columbia. Hampton owns approximately 140,000 acres of U.S. timberland, managed on a sustainable basis, certified through the Sustainable Forestry Initiative, and nine sawmills in Oregon, Washington, and British Columbia with normal lumber production capacity in excess of 2.2 billion board feet.
MILLWRIGHTS have a wide variety of job tasks, and become the "machine center owner" and are involved in the design and modifications of their machine center, including planning all repair jobs, ordering parts, problem solving, and tracking efficiency, so there is variety and challenges in your day to day work.
This position is for our Twin Mill Maintenance Dept, Day Shift & Hours TBD.
PLEASE DOWNLOAD YOUR RESUME with application!
Employment at our Willamina plant offers many benefits besides working in a reliable and interesting job environment:
- Competitive industry wage with additional compensation for having a weekend day as part of your schedule.
- A generous PTO program including paid sick leave, with vacation increases based on length of employment.
- The company offers both Roth and Traditional 401K investment programs with a generous 401K yearly match.
- Continuing education or classes pertaining to our industry are paid for by the company, after class approval.
- Consideration is given to match the needs of your personal life with your preferred work schedule to find the best fit for you and the mill.
- Our production and maintenance teams' work together to meet our operational goals and qualify for generous production bonuses on a monthly basis.
Generous company-paid assistance for Medical and Dental insurance premiums; cost-effective co-pays & deductibles. Vision, Short Term Disability, Roth and pre-tax 401k, with a 2% company match and an additional 5% annual employer contribution, fully vested after three years.
- Comply with all Company work and safety rules and related industry regulations.
- Have a thorough working knowledge of mechanical operations used in the industry and be able to maintain, install, repair and troubleshoot all systems, equipment and facilities.
- Maintain a working relationship with maintenance, production and management personnel.
- Possess the necessary skills and aptitudes required to operate maintenance tools and related machinery.
- Be able to operate all facility equipment to the degree needed for troubleshooting and testing.
- Assist production personnel to maintain the flow of product.
- Be willing to learn production operator's positions to the proficiency of maintaining production flow.
- Possess a desire to learn operations of all related industry departments and their functions.
- Maintain, install, troubleshoot and repair equipment and Plant facilities.
- Assist production personnel with any material flow related problems.
- Maintain open lines of communication with all facility departments and personnel necessary to ensure proper operation and maintenance of equipment and facilities.
- Ensure all documentation is kept up to date.
- Open-minded and positive in dealing with change and new ways of doing things.
- Able to communicate effectively with your team and other departments.
- Take personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work
- Work necessary overtime as required.
- Be willing to learn new skills needed to maintain updated machinery and/or facilities.
- Willing to improve or change personal work habits to adjust to new situations.
- Be willing to make any suggestions that will improve or enhance the facility.
- Maintain open lines of communication with all facility departments and personnel necessary to ensure proper operation and maintenance of systems, equipment and facilities.
- Take a leadership role in completion of the task at hand or work assignments.
- Take the responsibility to maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Be a "team" member.
- A minimum of 2 years in an industrial millwright position or comparable training.
- State classification as a Journeyman Millwright by any Hampton Lumber Mill or a state Industrial Maintenance Millwright certification is preferred but not required.
- Proficiency in ability to weld, cut, troubleshoot equipment and systems, maintain all working components, operate machinery, understand pneumatic and hydraulic systems, proficient use of all tools related to the trade and good communication skills.
- All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug & alcohol test and background check.
More About Us
Learn more at hamptonlumber.com, or follow us on Facebook: @HamptonLumber. You can also learn about our company and our priorities by visiting our blog.
Hampton Lumber is an equal opportunity employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law.