The Paid Search Manager has the primary task of leading the SEM department. The Paid Search Manager is responsible for holistically driving how the business leverages search to grow existing and land prospective consumers.
This position is a great opportunity for an experienced candidate to take the next step into a leadership role. The most important role of the Paid Search Manager is leadership. In this role the manager is the go-to thought-leader and visionary of the SEM team. The ideal candidate has demonstrated excellent customer service, a commitment to continuous learning, and the ability to coach others to help them reach their maximum potential. The Paid Search Manager reports directly to the Director of Digital Audience Campaign Strategies and Client Retention
- Create success roadmaps by defining KPIs and tactics to achieve them
- Hire, train, and develop an accomplished team
- Work with media buying and sales teams to ensure paid search campaigns are cooperative components of integrated campaigns
- Provide training to sellers so they can best position our unique selling propositions
- Maintaining superior campaign performance
- Stay current on industry trends and share them with the SEM team as well as the selling teams
- Review technology partners to ensure we maintain best in class status
- Manage trouble shooting in regard to code and tag implementation as well as provide expertise within Google Analytics
- Maintain a test and learn environment with a goal of continuous improvement
- Provides leadership in demonstrating potential benefits of growing campaigns in alignment with client goals
- Sets standards of reporting to demonstrate success to clients
- Supports sales growth by implementing new digital products and services that add value to client campaigns and grows departmental revenue
- Works with media buying team to manage relationships with key partners like Google, Facebook, etc.
- Works with sales team to present findings and recommendations to clients
We have established a culture of trust and accountability within the paid search team, and it will be incumbent upon the Paid Search Manager to foster this environment.
- 5+ years of experience as primary architect of search campaigns
- Proven track record of driving strong results through paid search
- Proficiency with paid search technology tools
- Previous experience in managing direct reports especially in a hybrid environment
- College degree
- Relevant industry certifications
Some top benefits include: a new downtown office with gym access to Capella Tower Health Club in the building and access to rooftop amenities in warm months; commuter benefits; competitive medical, dental and vision insurance; paid time off; 401(k) matching; tuition assistance; pet insurance and unlimited digital access to Star Tribune. In addition, Star Tribune has partnerships with many organizations that offer our employees a variety of discounts!