Counselor/Therapist – Children/Adolescent
Heartland Behavioral Health Services has been providing care for children and adolescents for over 100 years in Nevada, Missouri. We treat male and female patients ages 4 through 17 in both acute as well as residential programs for conditions ranging from depression, anxiety and other mood disorders to recovering from a traumatic event. All of our programs have been designed and tailored to help our patients grow and prosper.
Heartland is nestled within 50 secluded acres in Nevada, Missouri, providing the perfect rural area setting for our residents to heal and grow. A reprieve from everyday life, our peaceful environment allows residents to return to the basics and reconnect with themselves and others. We also offer leisure activities, such as baseball, basketball and an equestrian program, that allow children and adolescents to enjoy themselves while building self-confidence, trust and teamwork.
UHS, corporation is one of the nation’s largest and most respected providers of hospital and healthcare services, Universal Health Services, Inc. has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Growing steadily since its inception into an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, our annual revenues were $10.77 billion in 2018. In 2020, UHS was again recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; in 2019, ranked #293 on the Fortune 500; and in 2017, listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America’s Top 500 Public Companies. Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 87,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates 26 acute care hospitals, 327 behavioral health facilities, 40 outpatient facilities and ambulatory care access points, an insurance offering, a physician network and various related services located in 37 U.S. states, Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the United Kingdom.
HEARTLAND IS SEEKING A THERAPIST TO JOIN OUR FAST PACED, REWARDING TEAM! BE A PART OF OUR MISSION AS 'WE CHANGE LIVES."
This position provides individual, family and group psychotherapy to patients/residents and their families. Demonstrate the ability to practice independently as a Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP). Elements of DBT and Trauma Informed Care provide the therapy treatment model.
This opportunity provides the following:
- A challenging and rewarding work environment
- Growth and development opportunities within UHS and its subsidiaries
- Competitive Compensation and Shift Differential
- Excellent Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Generous Paid Time Off
- $5000.000 (fully licensed) $4000.00 (provisional license) Sign On bonus opportunity
- Student Loan Repayment
- Educational reimbursement assistance
- Educational supervision (if needed
- Knowledge of the professional principles, practices and techniques of psychotherapy as they apply to patients/residents undergoing psychiatric treatment and rehabilitation.
- Minimum of a Master’s Degree in psychology, social work or counseling and working toward licensure.
- Licensure from the State of Missouri to practice independently as a clinician in stated field, i.e., LCSW, LPC Psy.D. Ph.D., or under a state approved supervision plan, or under supervision of a licensed therapist within the facility.
- Two years experience in psychiatric inpatient setting preferred, practicum/internships within a mental health setting.
- Must have a high level of organization and ability to meet documentation policies.
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
At UHS and all our subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates by matching skillset and experience with the best possible career path at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related email mentioning UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting us at: https://uhs.alertline.com or 1-800-852-3449.