Casework Support Specialist - Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Requisition #: req6091
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Hours: Full-time (40-hours/week)
This position is offering a $1,500 sign-on bonus.
Bethany is changing the world through family. We began our work by serving one child more than 75 years ago. Today, Bethany is an international Christian nonprofit partnering with communities in more than 30 states and in several countries around the world. We strengthen and preserve families, support displaced people fleeing danger, and find safe, loving families for children who need them. Bethany is at the forefront of creating and implementing solutions to meet the growing needs of vulnerable children and families in the U.S. and around the world.
The UC Casework Support Specialist is primarily responsible for assisting Case Managers with the documentation, client contact, and foster parent contact processes. This individual may also perform social and case management services to children to include but not limited to reuniting the family, creating treatment plans, ensure the child's safety, maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation of all provided services, and conduct court appearances on assigned cases in accordance with all applicable regulatory and accreditation standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist Case Managers with essential paperwork and documentation completion and gathering process for various immigration documents, and background screenings;
- Provide case management services, to include social work, counseling and treatment of clients, and coordinate community referrals;
- Assist Case Managers with youth and sponsors assessments;
- Assist Case Managers in maintaining client contact for case follow-up or intervention, as requested;
- Assist Case Managers in maintaining contact with clients and foster families during a Case Manager's absence to ensure coverage of all program cases;
- Accompany youth to immigration hearings or procedures, as requested;
- Schedule and attend medical, dental and legal appointments, as needed;
- Collaboratively work with direct supervisor to schedule and prioritize work duties;
- Attend training as required by supervisor;
- Input case notes and documentation within the UC Portal in a timely manner based on guidelines and procedures set forth;
- Stay abreast of all agency, federal, and state regulatory requirements related to social services;
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's level degree in Social Work, Human Services, or related field of study from an accredited college;
- Must have a broad knowledge of basic principles, concepts, and methodology of Human Service as acquired through a Bachelor's level degree;
- Bilingual: English and Spanish with demonstrated proficiency both verbally and written;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Exhibit an ability to apply the principles of logic and critical thinking with problem solving;
- Must have an ability to provide excellent and compassionate customer service;
- Must be reliable with time sensitive deadlines and tasks;
- Exercise a high level of confidentiality;
- Work well under pressure and adaptable to change;
- Computer and typing skills sufficient to perform essential job functions;
- Active motor vehicle license and maintain a reliable vehicle with adequate insurance coverage;
- Pass a criminal history screen, including state and local child protection agency registries;
- Subscription to and integration of the agency Statement of Faith, Mission Statement, and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment.
We value and embrace the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion; our culture is strengthened and our workplace is more dynamic. We are a global organization with multicultural staff, clients and stakeholders, so we strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. More work remains, but we are deeply committed to honestly acknowledging and addressing the impacts of race and racism throughout the organization. This work can be uncomfortable and even painful, but we believe that the greatest challenges bear the greatest rewards.