Enterprise & Education Frameworks and Screen Time Software Quality Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Nov 6, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200310110
Be ready to make something great when you come here! Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same passion for innovation also applies to our business practices - strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. You should join the Enterprise & Education Technologies Team if you want to help deliver the next amazing Apple product. The Enterprise & Education Technologies team is looking for a passionate Software Quality Engineer to contribute to current and future releases of iOS, macOS and watchOS. Our team is responsible for developing automation and validating Education & Enterprise Frameworks APIs and qualifying Screen Time on iOS, macOS and watchOS. We work in a fast-moving dynamic environment that fosters creativity and collaboration with the developers to deliver innovative features and products.
- Proficient understanding of iOS, macOS, watchOS and Unix
- Understanding of networking, problem isolation, documenting test plans or test matrices, and SQA testing methodologies
- Experience with user interface software components and demonstrated knowledge of user-facing issues
- Ability to analyze and regress software issues
- Excellent team collaboration and communication skills
- You will join a hands-on development team that fosters creativity and generates novel solutions to deliver engineering excellence.
- We partner with a variety of cross and multi-functional team members from a diverse array of groups across the company
- Are you deeply accountable for your work? Your passion for product ownership and track record of product development will prove critical to your success on our team.
- You will prioritize tasks with rapid development cycles, remain flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty to deliver excellent results for time-critical issues.
- You have excellent judgment and integrity with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills
- Ability to stay focused and prioritize a heavy workload while achieving exceptional quality
- You are upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive attitude
- You bring passion and dedication to your job and are committed to our vision and supporting the developer community
This position requires an independent and organized individual with a technical background qualifying software. The candidate should be a self-motivated individual who works well independently and with a team. General responsibilities include writing test plans, developing automation scripts, validating APIs by writing tests and sample applications, executing manual and automated tests, configuring test suites that represent real world scenarios, assisting developers with problem isolation, working with cross-functional teams, and communicating technical issues.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or 3+ years of industry experience
- - Develop test plan and document test cases for new features
- - Develop automation tests for new and existing features
- - Develop API tests and sample applications
- - Review API documentation