Retail Sales & Service Consultant - Lincoln, RI Location (Bilingual)
Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island, 500 Exchange Street, Providence, Rhode Island, United States of America
Monday, November 8, 2021
Serve as an advocate for current and prospective members at retail locations to uphold our vision statement of passionately leading a state of health and well-being across Rhode Island. Simplify health insurance by educating members on their benefits and resolving inquiries. Clarify and resolve account related questions for all lines of business. Provide an excellent customer experience by ensuring that all transactions and inquiries are addressed accurately and in a timely fashion. Sell various types of health insurance products on behalf of Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island. Adhere to all Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) guidelines and company-driven compliance programs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Address and resolve member questions pertaining to all plan aspects such as claims, benefits and eligibility, plan eligibility, billing, premium payments and account reinstatements.
- Consultatively interpret and explain plan benefits and policies to members and providers.
- Close sales by following upon leads, building customer relationships and showcasing plan specific benefits.
- Apply customer engagement philosophies and personality-based resolution techniques to all sales and service interactions.
- Develop leads, schedule appointments, identify customer needs, and market appropriate products andservices.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS Minimum Education and Experience:
Preferred Education, Additional Qualifications and Experience:
- A combination of education and related experience.
- Two to four years of experience in a customer facing environment within the health insurance field, medical billing office, retail, or in a sales-driven role.
- Ability to obtain a Health Insurance Producer's License within ninety days of employment, along with completion of continuing education requirements in order to comply with license maintenance requirements.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Experience in retail environment, medical office, or medical billing
- Valid Health Insurance Producer's License
- Ability to proficiently speak Spanish
- Knowledge of health insurance
- Intermediate command of MS Office Suite
- Ability to complete an eight-week training program specific to Retail Operations
- Ability to transition between sales and service functions efficiently
- Basic knowledge of retail, marketing, customer service or sales operations
- Successful track record of meeting sales goals/quotas
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability and willingness to think critically, make decisions and solve problems
- Ability to quickly learn new skills and programs
At Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island (BCBSRI), diversity and inclusion are central to our core values and strengthen our ability to meet the challenges of today's healthcare industry. BCBSRI is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. We provide equal opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information and gender identity or expression.
The law requires an employer to post notices describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination based on race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, equal pay, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, and genetic information and gender identity or expression. Please visit to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
- Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island, 500 Exchange Street, Providence, Rhode Island, United States of America
2 to 4 years