Machine Learning Data Engineer - Technology Development Group (TDG)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Machine Learning and AI
Posted: Nov 9, 2021
Role Number: 200311108
Do you want to push the limits of the best Augmented Reality platform in the world? Apple's Technology Development Group (TDG) delivers algorithms that drive revolutionary Apple products, including the augmented reality (AR) platform ARKit to create ground-breaking new products. In this position, you will have the opportunity to be part of our extraordinary team of computer vision and machine learning researchers and engineers to discover and build solutions to previously-unsolved challenges and push the state of the art in AR algorithms that will change the way people experience the world! We are looking for a driven and dedicated Machine Learning Data Engineer with experience in building end-to-end solutions for producing high quality real world data. As a member of a fast-paced team, you have the unique and rewarding opportunity to shape and impact the overall real data solutions for upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of people every day. To succeed within this role, you should have shown experience in several of the following areas:
- Motivated self starter able to identify and prioritize areas of focus with little direction and able to balance competing priorities, longterm projects, and ad hoc requirements
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Proficiency in programming languages including Python, C++, or similar
- Experience with CVML algorithm development, including at least one of sensor calibration, SLAM, object detection, semantic/material segmentation, depth estimation, 3D reconstruction, pattern recognition, and semi-supervised/unsupervised learning
- Experience with building CVML ground truth generation tools and/or annotation pipelines
- Experience with computer graphics OR experience with backend software development, a plus
As a ML Data Engineer, you will be working on our real world data generation pipeline in a collaborative environment with cross functional teams. Collect data requirement and build quality control solutions to ensure consistent acceptable data quality that meets the needs of the many. Coordinate with data annotators and optimize annotation workflows to improve annotation efficiency. Collaborate with data scientists, software engineers, and CVML researchers to design data collection, and develop CVML ground truth tools and annotation pipelines. Provide statistical analysis on data.
Education & Experience
B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.