WW Marcom - Sr. Manager, 3D Production
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Nov 8, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200308972
The people here at Apple don't just build products - we craft the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it! As part of Apple's global Marcom group, the Sr. Manager of 3D Production provides strong leadership, talent management, project management, and fixture development skills to support Apple's design and merchandising strategies across a wide range of products and services. This position delivers outstanding quality by leading a team of 3D Production Managers, and by collaborating with agencies, suppliers, manufacturing partners, and cross-functional teams in order to innovate and ideate new materials and technologies in support of the 3D Creative Team. The range of work includes team building, forecast planning, materials development, R&D, process innovation, agency optimization, cross-functional coordination, and work-stream analysis-all for the development of sophisticated visual merchandising furniture and fixture builds supporting Apple's retail and channel partners globally. Our team collaborates with Marcom's Design groups, and builds relationships cross-functionally with other teams throughout Marcom, Procurement, and Operations.
- You're a proven leader, with experience running the design/development processes for fixture manufacturing within a highly matrixed organization.
- 6 years' experience at minimum of retail fixture management (preferably with electronic products) in a design agency, architecture firm, or corporate in-house studio.
- A great eye for quality and construction details, and a take-charge demeanor.
- Highly organized, comfortable under pressure, and able to work effectively as both a team member as well as an externally-facing authority.
- Lead a team of 3D Production Managers, who are responsible for Apple's design/development processes and associated resourcing, budgets, and budget planning. - Partner closely, from concept to delivery, with 3D Designers, Producers, Procurement, and 2D Print Production to plan for, prototype, manage, and deliver build projects built from various combinations of substrates. - Develop positive relationships with suppliers and think strategically on your feet, driving toward favorable outcomes. Maintain all supplier reference materials, golden masters, and fixture libraries, along with all relevant guidelines and documentation materials. - Work closely with Corporate Procurement to establish direct relationships with key suppliers and negotiate the best quality, value, and outcomes. Research vendors, new processes, substrates, and manufacturing techniques to achieve maximum value and innovation. - Serve as an ambassador for the 3D Production Team, building great relationships with individuals throughout a sophisticated organization. You'll strive to understand the future needs of the team, provide feedback, and forecast a development track for success.
Education & Experience
BA or BS degree