At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That’s why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you’ll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” onIDG’s Insider Pro and Computerworld’s 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers for Women and one of America’s Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America’s Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran’s status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
- Under moderate supervision, responsible for obtaining and maintaining essential information in order to handle complex (moderate) clear liability auto claims.
- Responsible for investigating, evaluating, negotiating and settling claims.
- Completes review of policy and accident details to determine coverage and damages owed.
- Must demonstrate strong customer service focus, a proficient understanding and use of basic policy/contract coverage (including regulatory/policy differences, legal liability, and general policy coverage) and be able to recognize questionable coverage/contract situations which necessitate supervisory involvement.
- Position requires excellent oral, written, interpersonal communication and keyboarding skills along with the capacity to multi-task in a structured work environment.
- Requires strong working knowledge and ability to utilize multiple systems to handle/process claims.
- General understanding of overall claim operations and key stakeholders.
- Ability to handle total loss, collision, property damage liability, and comprehensive claims.
- College degree preferred, and/or 1-2 years` experience as a Claims Representative or 5-7 years total customer service experience required.
- Licensing required in some states.