Engineering Project Manager- Accessories
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Nov 9, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200305520
As an Engineering Project Manager within the Product Design organization you will be responsible for managing the development and implementation process for our Accessory Kits team. In this role you will drive the day-to-day activities to meet the overall program objectives, product integration and ensure trade compliance as well as consumer laws are met enabling the product to ship worldwide.
- Identify and direct all resources required to execute successful projects
- Create and maintain project timelines, develop product strategy
- Collaborate and facilitate communication across engineering managers, operations manager, marketing managers and our OEM partners to meet schedule, and quality goals.
- Lead cross-functional communication between project teams and external vendors
- Provide timely issue resolution and critical path management
- Offer multiple levels of status across a wide spectrum of individual contributors to executive management
- Possess strong presentation skills
- Understand technical issues and drive them to closure by bringing together key stakeholders for decision making
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously
Drive Cross Functional Team meetings with Marketing, WPCM, Graphics, Engineering, and Ops Develop localization and SKU reduction strategy Develop project schedule and drive project discussions including escalations Manage certification schedules and coordinate MPS release Manage Final FAI's Create, manage and process MPN BOMs, Engineering Change Orders, and Manufacturer Change Orders Work on multiple projects simultaneously Excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills
Ability to juggle multiple tasks, dates, deadlines, and deliverables
Ability to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience
Self motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
Ability to work in a high-pressure fast paced environment
Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm in the face of ambiguity
Experience with portable consumer electronics devices and familiarity with mechanical enclosure parts
Detailed knowledge of product development processes as well as a strong understanding of manufacturing processes
Experience interfacing with Operations, Mechanical Engineering/Design and Marketing
Education & Experience
BS/BA degree or 5+ years of industry experience
- Apple's most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time- away programs. We're proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount - both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company's success. You'll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.