Training Instructional Designer
Austin , Texas , United States
Support and Service
Posted: Nov 9, 2021
Role Number: 200311520
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don't just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Are you passionate about workplace learning and training development? Can you quickly and optimally resolve learning needs and create instructionally-sound synchronous and asynchronous training materials to meet those needs? If so, keep reading. The AppleCare Training Instructional Designer works with business partners to identify training needs and create instructor-led, virtual, and self-paced training using cutting-edge technology and innovative solutions. This role is located on-site in Austin, Texas or Elk Grove, California.
- Minimum 2 years of instructional systems design experience on projects involving adult learning audiences.
- Training development experience involving adult learners, such as in a call center or customer service environment.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills and proficiency writing instructional content.
- Experience analyzing, building, and assessing curricula for asynchronous and synchronous classroom-based or virtual training environments.
- Fluency with instructional systems design models and methodologies, authoring tools, and learning management systems integration.
- Experience as a solo or lead content developer on instructional systems design projects related to adult learners.
- Proven proficiency with Apple operating systems, such as macOS, iOS, iPadOS.
- Exposure to Web authoring and multimedia tools, such as basic HTML, Dreamweaver, and Pixelmator Pro.
- Experience creating learning content for global audiences is a plus.
- Experience with project management is a plus.
- Proficiency Apple software applications including Pages and Keynote is a plus.
- Experience in a call center or customer service environment is a plus.
On this team, we will challenge learners' understanding through relevant activities, author measurable learning objectives, and develop materials that promote transfer, retention, and application. We work under tight deadlines with minimal supervision in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where quality, creativity, and accountability are tradition. Key Responsibilities include: Design, create, and evaluate training for Apple Support Advisors in various queues. Work with partners to conduct training needs analyses. Design course learning objectives following Bloom's Taxonomy. Build experiential activities appropriate for targeted learners. Work closely with subject matter experts to develop, revise, and maintain training content. Gain and maintain subject matter expertise necessary for developing comprehensive, accurate content. Develop valid assessment questions that correlate to learning objectives. Design, develop, and maintain classroom, virtual classroom, and self-paced training content using traditional instructional design and rapid development strategies. Promote and participate in team innovation, technology integration, process improvement, and collaboration.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required; Master's or higher degree in a related field a plus.