Legal Contracts Manager/Negotiator
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Nov 8, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200310535
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. As a member of the WW Contracts team in Legal, you will work closely with counsel and various stakeholders to develop, negotiate, and update commercial sales agreements across multiple routes-to-market (consumer, enterprise, education, government, health & wellness).
- 6+ years of experience drafting and negotiating commercial sales agreements;
- A demonstrated understanding and strong working knowledge of applicable commercial legal principles;
- Adept with contract analysis, including process driven compliance to align with internal policies;
- The ability to work on diverse contractual issues simultaneously;
- The ability to frame, draft and negotiate agreements;
- Detailed planner with a proven track record for managing multi-year negotiations;
- Excellent presentation and communication skills;
- Successfully work with and facilitate global cross functional reviews with a collaborative approach;
- Strong work ethic with a commitment to ensure that all deadlines are met on time and with a high degree of quality;
- The ability to be persuasive while ensuring a positive customer and/or partner experience;
- Assist with template approval and management process;
- Project management skills including presenting and delivering on project objectives, timelines, milestones and updates with measurable business benefits to all levels of management; and
- Experience supporting Education Bids, Reps/Certs review, a plus.
This role requires an advanced understanding of contractual terms and conditions, superior drafting skills, as well as extensive experience in executing against several complex negotiations simultaneously and is accountable for planning and driving a portfolio of strategic negotiations across multiple sales channels and global projects. As a member of the WW Contracts team in Legal, you will work closely with counsel and various stakeholders to plan and drive the development, review, negotiation and update of commercial sales agreements and standard templates across multiple routes-to-market, as well as provide support for US Education Bids, Reps/Certs. You will be responsible for proactively identifying and resolving unique business scenarios and formulating executive-level contractual recommendations while safeguarding Apple at all times. A high degree of analysis and problem solving is a must. The ability to influence and persuade is a key success factor. Eventual outcomes must create a positive customer experience, while developing key relationships with account representatives both within Apple and customer representatives. The successful candidate will be discrete, high-energy, agile-minded, strategic, proactive, a direct communicator, highly organized and able to thrive in a fast-moving, complex environment.
Education & Experience
BA/BS required, MBA/Paralegal preferred (JD considered).