Cloud Traffic Engineer
New York City , New York , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Nov 8, 2021
Role Number: 200308974
We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that dedication. The success will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If this sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. We are looking for a Cloud Engineer (Traffic) to join a team developing internal/external traffic solutions in a complex and distributed environment with strict privacy and security requirements.
- Proficiency in the following languages: Go and/or Python
- Developing automation and tooling
- Frontend UI/API & Backend development
- Networking, OS, Security, Logging, and Application Monitoring
- Configuration management
- Application containerization
As the demand for our services continues to grow rapidly we are forming a team to best position ourselves to deliver a service to the highest level, as expected at Apple. We handle both customer facing (external) and internal traffic which have strict privacy and security requirements. Your efforts here will directly impact the customer experience as well as reliability of the services we run. Join a team of software/systems/network engineers and be giving to both customer facing (external) and internal traffic globally. Ensure the highest level of up-time and quality of service to Apple's customers through operational excellence! Design, maintain, and improve global production traffic infrastructure. Take proactive ownership of reliability issues using a wide variety of tools. Identify areas to improve service resiliency through techniques such as chaos engineering, performance / load testing, etc...
Education & Experience
BS degree in computer science or equivalent industry experience
- BONUS EXPERIENCE AREAS:
- - AWS, GCP, and/or Azure - Kubernetes, Nomad, Mesos, or equivalent - Certificate Management - Netscaler, F5, NGINX, Envoy, or equivalent - Internet facing edge termination - Content Delivery Networks - Puppet, Chef, or equivalent - Proactive capacity planning
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.