AppleCare Support Data Platforms & Governance Manager
Austin , Texas , United States
Support and Service
Posted: Nov 8, 2021
Role Number: 200309463
At Apple, we're a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining our products, systems, and practices to help people do what they love in new ways. Everything we build is the result of people in different roles and teams working together to make each other's ideas stronger. That passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our internal practices, strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it! We are looking for an experienced leader to apply their technical expertise, leadership skills, and dedication to quality to ensure the availability of business data for analytical use across AppleCare Support. This position will be located in Austin, Texas.
- Passionate about analytical support - You have experience adopting support processes derived from rich data from users to lead change into systems to improve the overall health of systems
- Being a standout collaborator and influencer is a requirement; you will collaborate across many global teams to improve the systems and tools used to support Apple's customers.
- Strategic problem solver with ability to develop a strategy and rally a team to understand and connect their work to a broader purpose.
- Deep understanding of Teradata, Snowflake, and/or Tableau
- Excellent analytical approach and attention to detail, especially in predicting and preventing potential future challenges
- Proven people management experience
- Excellent time-management and project management skills
- Flexible and able to multitask in a deeply multifaceted business
- Deep knowledge of AppleCare Support, preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication & presentation skills is desired
- The ability to think out of the box and influence peers and management with data driven models is a must
You will be responsible for leading complex multi-functional initiatives to ensure availability of business data for analytical use across AppleCare. This includes managing data platform, data quality, and data/metric governance processes. You will work closely with the your management team and manage a team of Data Engineers who are responsible for planning and implementing initiatives within the portfolio. As the manager, responsibilities include ensuring project deliverables are met on-time, coach and develop Data Engineers, build strong relationships with our business partners, and coordinate initiatives across many Apple teams. You will think creatively and strategically, carrying out AppleCare Support strategies to make definitive and measurable improvements in support of the global Contact Center. You will provide leadership in a multi-functional environment to articulate requirements to senior leadership, product owners, and business customers.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Master's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Data Analytics, or related quantitative social/physical science field.