POSITION FUNCTION: Direct all service-related functions for the company to ensure that customers receive necessary technical support and/or repair service to properly implement their processes on Freund-Vector equipment and to maintain that equipment in proper working order. Manage the repair parts sales business.
- Ensure that Service Department personnel integrate effectively with other departments at Vector so that any problems observed in the field are resolved by the proper personnel.
- Ensure that customer base receives the technical support necessary for information, installation, start-up, warranty repairs, field retrofits, machine improvements and process assistance.
- Strive to provide customers with quality work at competitive market rates.
- Monitor the equipment assigned to the Vector Rental program so that all machines are in proper working order and in a state of readiness.
- Coordinate with Engineering department to provide a technical labor pool for their experiments and projects as requested.
- Ensure that all Service personnel are provided with adequate opportunity to gain sufficient product knowledge to enable the acceptance of additional responsibility.
- Strive to utilize department personnel on an allocated or billable time schedule within budgetary guidelines as workload and conditions indicate.
- Ensure that department responsibilities and commitments are adequately covered when staff levels decrease due to field service work, sickness, vacation, etc.
- Ensure that the repair parts business is properly staffed and trained to expediently fill customers’ orders
- Manage Repair Parts sales program to ensure customer satisfaction while maintaining profitability
- Coordinate efforts of Technical Service Representatives and Service Technicians, to schedule field service work outside the plant and coordinate internal service projects
- Manage the Returned Goods Authorization program to ensure proper credit and billing for returned, failed components.
- Monitor warranty costs as incurred and report detail to proper personnel as needed.
- Perform all billing and projects close-outs on service worksheets used by technicians while performing their duties.
- Make occasional trips into field to interface with customers, observe field situations, evaluate performance of field personnel, and assist in performance of field work.
- Education- High School graduate and 2-year degree in Applied Science or equivalent experience required. Business Degree or MBA Preferred.
- Experience– 5-7 years strong mechanical or electrical engineering experience; Some experience in a service-related environment preferred. 3-5 years of group management experience preferred.
- Special Abilities– Must have ability to communicate and interact with customers, field sales and other company personnel on both technical and non-technical levels. Should have background in electro-mechanical systems, including schematic reading (electrical and pneumatic). Must demonstrate technical ability and be able to make quality decisions. Must have knowledge of basic manufacturing processes and machine shop practices. Must be a self-starter and have proven leadership qualities especially with technical personnel; Should have working knowledge of personal computer software programs typically used in an office environment.
- Physical Requirements– Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.; Required to travel as needed.
- Mental Requirements– Must be a critical thinker; Ability to handle stress produced by time pressure, customer demands, and a variety of personnel contacts, etc.
This job description is not intended to limit the responsibilities of an employee assigned to this position to those duties listed above. The employee is expected to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties requested by the immediate supervisor or company management. The level of involvement may vary based on Company need and individual capabilities.
POSITION REPORTS TO: VP Engineering & Manufacturing
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Local and remote Service Technicians, Repair Parts Coordinator, Service Assistant
Click apply now to email your resume today!
Freund-Vector Corporation offers a full range of benefits including:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Optional Insurance
- Company paid STD, LTD, Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- 401k Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Summer Hours