The Public Service Commission is seeking an applicant with strong communication, customer service, and computer skills who would like to join a team of dedicated Customer Service Representatives in the Jefferson City office.
This position will receive consumer calls; do keyboard entry of comments received via phone, email, mail, or fax; develop receipt letters and respond to, investigate, or handle consumer complaints/inquiries relating to regulated public utility companies. Other duties include making determinations of the utility's compliance with Commission rules and regulations; reporting on the compliance by public utilities of the Commission's billing practices; and assisting in the development and delivery of informational and educational materials to the general public and other agencies. Professionalism and empathy with consumers at all times is critical.
- 2-4 years of professional or technical experience in customer service, investigations or public relations, of which two (2) years of experience must have involved the processing and handling of consumer complaints or investigations; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- All applicants must have experience handling detailed calls on complex issues and conducting research.
- Strong time management and organizational skills required.
- Minimum typing speed of 40 words per minute with 95% accuracy must be on file with our office or verified through a testing process.
- Bilingual skills desired, but not required.
Annual salary for a Customer Service Representative is $38,085.
Send an application, resume, a copy of each transcript from all colleges/universities attended, and current documented typing score (typing test located on PSC internet page “Typing Test – Customer Service Representative”) by 5:00 pm December 3, 2021 to the MO Public Service Commission.