Location: United States of America Wisconsin (remote)
Location: Cleveland - Ohio
Location: Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Leads cross functional teams made up of business unit developers/engineers, IT professionals, and contract specialists to accomplish the outcomes listed below; 1) Manage global sourcing strategies for our key embedded software suppliers as well as Brand Label suppliers that have technology embedded into their products, 2) Achieve year-on-year improvement in total cost, quality, and service while leading regional and global sourcing management activities and leading supplier relationships, 3) Engage with Business Unit engineering teams in support of a Risk Mitigation program and process that impacts the Rockwell supply base (software partners as well as Brand Label partners) which supports companies Security strategies.
- With guidance from the Manager of Strategic Sourcing, develop the sourcing strategy for assigned software and technology commodities and suppliers, using input from the sourcing team and key global/regional stakeholders within the business units. The sourcing strategy will drive the continuous improvement of Rockwell's Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) for the assigned commodities.
- Drive implementation of the sourcing strategy for assigned commodities. Once a sourcing strategy has been developed, the Commodity Manager will communicate, monitor and aggressively manage business unit compliance of the strategy. The Manager will also establish working relationships with other functions (e.g. Engineering, Plant Operations, Suppliers and Product Quality, etc.), bringing a Strategic Sourcing perspective to all key processes.
- Leadership of strategic sourcing teams. The Commodity Manager will lead and drive results of specific strategic sourcing strategies within embedded software and Brand Label suppliers that have technology embedded in their product. This role must be successful at managing and influencing a cross-functional team. The Commodity Manager will act as a catalyst for change to achieve business goals as well as addressing barriers to change.
- Develop an expertise in the business unit products and/or corporate function needs and capabilities for commodities and services. The Commodity Manager partners with business units and functions to understand their goals and objectives and formulates strategies to achieve desired business results. On an ongoing basis, the Manager will remain current on service and supply market trends, supplier economics, and best practice sourcing.
- Responsible for Global Supplier Management. The Commodity Manager will monitor and evaluate supplier performance around security, quality, delivery, lead time of all suppliers. Conduct regular strategic business reviews with suppliers and stakeholders to ensure continuous improvement of the supply base.
- Measure and track performance on Sourcing KPIs within each commodity or service. The Commodity Manager will be responsible for monthly reporting to senior management on key performance indicators within the supply chain. These KPI's may include savings, quality, delivery, lead time, market trends, etc.
- Identify and implement Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) reduction opportunities for assigned software and technology / services. Within the business unit or function, the Commodity Manager will champion annual productivity improvements by leading internal and joint supplier/unit teams pursuing TCO reduction opportunities in alignment with the sourcing strategy (e.g. security expectations, improving supplier operations, demand management, improving supply chain flexibility, etc.).
- Facilitate a culture in which everyone can do their best work through inclusion, engagement, and retention.
- Ensure thorough familiarity with policies and procedures relating to Sourcing and standards of business conduct.
- Comply with all Rockwell Automation policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Supply Chain Management or related field
- Legal Authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience working in Direct Material and/or strategic sourcing or an operations discipline in a manufacturing and/or industrial environment
- Experience in Direct and Indirect commodities, supply management practices and analytics
- Proven experience in conflict resolution, strategy development and project management.
- Advanced knowledge of commodities (e.g. electronics, factored product/brand label).
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects / assignments requiring identification of objectives, resources and/or approaches.
- Working knowledge of ERP systems is essential, preferably SAP.
- Knowledge in data architecture and management applications (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Advanced formal degree
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).