Managing a team is your super power. Bring your talent to a new role at Sodexo.
Sodexo is seeking to hire an experienced Grounds Manager 2 to oversee grounds, landscaping and turf maintenance for Skidmore College - a highly ranked, residential liberal arts college situated on 1,000 acres of natural beauty in Saratoga Springs, NY. Identified as one of "America's best college towns, Skidmore College is only a short drive to Albany, the Adirondacks, Berkshires and Green Mountains, while being just 3 hours from New York City, Boston and Montreal.
Reporting to the Director of Facilities, the Grounds Manager will maintain athletic fields (Baseball, Soccer, Field Hockey, Lacrosse, etc), in addition to oversee all landscaping needs over 160 acres of maintained grounds and pest control, irrigation and snow removal.
ARE YOU THE ONE? The ideal candidate will have:
- 3 plus years of grounds supervisory experience; in large property or golf course maintenance;
- handled the maintenance of the greens, sports turf and snow removal;
- strong skills with hardscapes/paths, and sidewalks campus wide;
- working knowledge of chemicals and irrigation; Must have applicator license or obtain it within 1 year.
- success managing multiple hourly staff members.
- a strong track record for employee engagement and retention, and have experience managing in a union environment.
- A valid Driver's license is needed.
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Are you looking for opportunities to further your career goals and grow with a Global company? Apply Today and join the Sodexo Team!
To learn more about Skidmore College, visit: https://www.skidmore.edu/
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance ... every day.