Position title: Executive Assistant to the Vice President/CIO
Position #: 126854
The Executive Assistant for the Vice President / CIO provides a broad range of support to the Vice President and the DIT senior leadership staff. The incumbent ensures that appropriate actions are taken to complete executive administrative tasks and projects in a timely fashion, with attention to quality customer service, a strong commitment to confidentiality, and in accordance with university and office policies and procedures. The Executive Assistant responsible for office operations, building logistics, project coordination, IT governance activities, event management, calendaring and scheduling, intra- and inter-office communications.
The Executive Assistant also responds to various inquiries both external and internal to the organization. This individual must have the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, external clients and vendors, and be a welcoming, forward-thinking, great collaborator, and self-motivating individual. Sensitivity to confidential matters is required.
A successful candidate will be a self-starter who is able to handle multiple priorities at one time. This position requires flexibility, a willingness to take on a variety of tasks, and extreme attention to detail. Excellent communication and computer skills are essential to this position.
• Bachelor’s Degree or 4 years of equivalent work experience as an administrative assistant or a similar position.
At least five years full-time experience supporting a multi-person work environment, including executive level leadership.
• Proficient English-language written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills. Excellent administrative writing and verbal skills.
• Full comprehension of office management systems and procedures. Microsoft Office, Google Workspace digital skills, ability to manage processes, organization, analyze information, and write reports.
• Excellent time management skills, attention to detail and proven ability to coordinate multiple priorities. Ability to work independently and collaboratively, as needed.
• Demonstrated experience with providing outstanding, prompt customer service.
• Experience with event management, consultation services and/or customer support.
• Experience working in a higher education setting.
• Experience supervising staff
Additional information: this position does not provide sponsorship for Visas.
- Evening/weekend hours may be required to meet deadlines.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other devices and objects.
Physically able to participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings.
• Some travel may be required for the purpose of meeting with clients, stakeholders, or off-site personnel/management.
Best consideration date: 11/30/2021 or open until filled
Please apply at: https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/90030
Vaccine protocol: the University of Maryland has made the safety of our students, faculty and staff, and our surrounding communities a top priority. As part of that commitment, the University System of Maryland (USM) recently announced that students, faculty, and staff on USM campuses this fall, including UMD, are required to be vaccinated against COVID. As a prospective and/or a new employee at UMD, you will be required to comply with the University’s vaccination protocol. Proof of full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work at any University of Maryland location. Prospective or new employees may seek a medical or religious exemption to the vaccination requirement at return.umd.edu and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Failure to provide proof of vaccination or to obtain approval for a medical or religious exemption will result in the offer of employment being rescinded.