The Project Manager provides support for projects of differing complexity undertaken by the Executive leadership team. Projects may include areas such as program development, growth and expansion initiatives, strategic business affiliations, and improvements supporting best practices in hospital and ambulatory care. The Project Manager is a key SEARHC liaison, with multiple internal collaborators and external partners.
The Project Manager is a highly complex position with organization-wide impact. Balancing project demands with stakeholder needs, a multi-layered reporting structure, extensive coordination and collaboration, and a large, geographically dispersed service area, is challenging. Project development and project management activities at both the local and division level include initiating, planning, execution, monitoring and controlling, status reporting and close-out of projects. All of these factors impact patient care and SEARHC’s overall business and financial positions.
The position may require frequent travel and the development of creative mechanisms for the dissemination of information and receipt of customer feedback. This position may be assigned supervisory responsibility in the future as the need arises.
The Project Manager is responsible for organizing and managing project-based work, including the project charter, project plan, and project schedule, risk management of all resources for deliverables, ensuring projects are completed on time and on budget, and regular status reporting. The Project Manager will:
- Manage project scope, schedule, cost, communication, risk, quality, and resources.
- Lead project management efforts efficiently through processes including: conducting research and analysis, soliciting stakeholder inputs, developing strategic recommendations and executing within scope.
- Manage and execute on deliverables as defined in the project’s scope and designate resources accordingly.
- Meet and manage internal and external deadlines.
- Lead project meetings including scheduling, developing and distributing meeting agendas, and managing meeting notes and follow-up items.
- Ensure prompt and accurate communication regarding work status and deliverables is provided to project stakeholders.
- Manage and coordinate the day-to-day efforts for assigned projects.
- As assigned, act as direct point of contact between the Project Management team and other departments and divisions within the Consortium, providing effective direction to ensure expectations are properly managed.
- As applicable, pitch fresh and strategic ideas in support of project and scope development.
- Master’s degree in Health Administration, Business Administration or other master’s-level health professional degree, OR
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Administration, Business Administration, or other health- or business-related area will be considered with additional experience as detailed in the first bullet under experience.Experience:
- At least two years demonstrated progressive, relevant experience that includes project development and management, program planning, development and implementation, strategic communications, budget and financial processes, and advanced use of Microsoft Office programs, SharePoint, Smartsheets, and Microsoft Project applications. A bachelor’s degree applicant will require an additional two years of experience to qualify.
- Two years of supervision, management, or consultative work with professional level staff.
- Two years of experience working in a health care environment preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) strongly preferred (must be obtained within 18 months of hire)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Project Management Institute (PMI) framework
- Project management principles, practices, and methodologies
- Needs assessment and strategic planning
- Healthcare delivery systems
- Financial principles and processes
- Strong, clear and strategic communication skills to diverse audiences – both written and verbal
- Strong presentation skills
- Leadership skills to guide, influence and build consensus among stakeholders
- Strong time management skills
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
- High-level analytical and organizational skills, and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple high-priority projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to provide leadership to internal customers through clear understanding of customer goals and needs, and knowledge of relevant best practices
- Ability to build trust, rapport and establish credibility with team members and internal customers
- Effectively and efficiently juggle/manage multiple assignments
- Energy, enthusiasm and the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and demanding targets
- Entrepreneurial, can-do spirit, friendly and approachable