Mastering Operations Specialist
Culver City , California , United States
Posted: Nov 11, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200310665
Mastering Operations Specialist - Video Operations - Apple Media Products The people here at Apple don't just create products - they create the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. We're growing and urge you to apply. We Believe the role would place you in a highly-energized environment with some of the most talented creative individuals in the industry where you would be inspired to share your years of experience along with providing extraordinary support for the team. The Video Operations group, part of Apple Media Product, is seeking a Mastering Operations Specialist to manage the creation, QC and servicing of Apple branded original content. We're growing and urge you to apply. We believe this role would place you in a highly-energized environment with some of the most talented creative individuals in the industry, where you would be inspired to share your years of experience along with providing extraordinary support for the team. The Video Operations team focuses on creating the premiere video experience for all content types, with impact throughout the industry, for a worldwide digital audience. Ideal candidates are not only passionate about entertainment, but also care deeply about the customer experience, and can contribute to a diverse organization with expertise in Partner Relations, TV App Services, Video Services, Music Video Content, Technical Operations, and Quality Control. Our responsibilities include working with internal partners, ingestion of all video, audio and ancillary assets, collaborating with developers on integration into our platforms & services, along with supporting localization, accessibility, quality control and more. We are a group of self-starters that thrive in a team oriented environment, utilizing analytical skills to compliment problem-solving abilities, to arrive at efficient solutions- all in order to support our collective goal of providing a truly extraordinary global customer experience for our EST/VOD, OTT, and subscription platforms.
- Minimum of 7+ years' experience in Mastering or Post Production Operations at a Studio, Television, or Mastering facility.
- We are looking for someone with advanced knowledge in the following areas:
- You have a strong knowledge of feature and episodic mastering workflows.
- Practical understanding of Audio/Video containers, codecs, and file formats, including HDR (both Dolby Vision and HDR-10) and Dolby Atmos.
- You must have experience in domestic and localized International versioning (multiple languages, version control).
- You must be professional and able to effectively communicate with high profile talent.
- You must have exceptional project management skills, and be able to manage and communicate realtime asset availability to key stakeholders.
- You must be familiar with analyzing and troubleshooting master-level QC reports for Audio and Video assets.
- You should have experience writing Purchase Orders and managing project-level budgets.
- You must be collaborative, organized and a team player
- You must work well under pressure and with tight turnaround times.
- You are able to manage multiple expectations in a fast paced environment.
- You have strong presentation skills, ability to deliver impactful presentations at all levels of the organization
- You must have the ability to make decision independently.
- You have excellent organizational skills and attention to detail with an ability to see the big picture
- You are able to work in a changing and evolving environment
The Mastering Operations Specialist will be responsible for executing and oversee the following: Work closely with Post Production Management, Localization, Brand Marketing and Post vendors to ensure all deliverables meet QC guidelines and specifications prior to mastering and delivery to platform. Troubleshoot content and report issues back to Apple Post Production group, as well as vendors when needed. Manage and track deliverables by maintaining project trackers to ensure that milestones and key dates are consistently met. Collaborate with the Post Technology team to improve existing operational workflows by identifying problem areas and providing innovative solutions. Oversee the day to day scheduling, tracking, and verification of domestic and international servicing and archive assets. Monitor all milestone and partner due dates, update schedules, issue alerts if assets are falling behind, and report status throughout final delivery to AMP Video Services and other stakeholders. Work with Post Production, Creatives and 3rd Party partners throughout the QC process. Analyze reports, troubleshoot issues, obtain necessary fixes for QC rejections and manage sign off for finals assets before entering the production/archival pipeline. You will oversee the creation of servicing elements for internal use, sales screeners for ad-sales, VAM and fingerprinting files for content security. Create purchase orders for mastering and asset services, reconcile invoices for final approval and payment. Other responsibilities as assigned by Management.
Education & Experience
College education preferred, plus 7+ years' experience in Mastering or Post Production Operations.