San Diego , California , United States
Posted: Nov 11, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200311065
Join our wireless organization and drive innovation that matters! We're looking for engineers with solid fundamentals in antenna design and RF systems to help us bring the next generation of wireless technologies into Apple's products. As part of the Product RF Definition team, you'll be responsible for the intersection of RF technologies and product integration. With your unique knowledge, creativity, and passion, you could join us and help bring new wireless products to millions of Apple customers. Imagine what you could do here!
- Designing antennas to enable new technologies and expand existing capabilities across a wide range of wireless technologies
- Building models and simulations to inform technology feasibility studies, end-to-end system simulations, and software algorithms
- Identifying and enabling new packaging and material technologies for future products
- Working with product integration teams and other cross-functional partners to define implementation requirements and constraints in Apple products
- Identifying key parametrics for radiated performance, and identifying methods and strategies to characterize them in labs and in mass production
- 3+ years experience or graduate research in antenna design or applied electromagnetics - Experience with at least one commercial EM simulation tool, such as CST or HFSS - Comfortable with at least one option for scientific scripting, such as MATLAB or Python - Hand-on experience using anechoic chambers and other RF test equipment - Knowledge of key radiated parametrics and what drives them - Strong collaborative mindset and excellent communication skills
Education & Experience
Master's degree in electrical engineering, physics, or a related field. PhD/Doctorate preferred.