Training Developer Manager
Austin , Texas , United States
Support and Service
Posted: Nov 10, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200310950
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The AppleCare Training and Development team is seeking an experienced and motivated Training Developer Manager to lead a team of hardworking instructional designers. You and your team will work with business partners to identify training needs and build instructor-led, self-paced, and virtual training using ground-breaking technology and innovative solutions. This position is located on-site at the Apple campus in Austin, Texas.
- Knowledge and understanding of adult learning theory and instructional design methodologies for classroom-based, self-guided, and virtual training.
- Experience designing training programs for contact center personnel supporting technical troubleshooting and customer service programs.
- Inspiring leadership skills with a record of building and maintaining high-achieving teams.
- Integrity and respect for confidentiality.
- The ability to work under deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple projects within tight timeframes.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Contact center or customer service exposure and experience preferred
- Experience with web-authoring tools, graphics design, or multimedia preferred
- Experience with online collaboration tools preferred
- Experience with developing and managing training content in multiple languages preferred
The manager will lead the day-to-day operations for the Wallet and Apple Pay team. Areas of responsibility include: Provide direction and guidance to content development team; ensure the team executes on the training roadmap. Conduct regular 1:1s and development discussions with team members. Assess, motivate, and drive overall team performance. Collaborate with internal partners to determine how AppleCare Training can best support worldwide business initiatives and impact results. Participate in and contribute to Senior level project initiatives. Create and execute development strategies and efficiently respond to changes in business priorities. Coordinate, implement, and oversee scalable solutions and programs to grow learner capability. Evaluate, track, and report on impact of training to senior leadership. Identify new opportunities and utilize existing opportunities to improve training measure. Oversee the team in creation, curation, and communication of formal training programs. Position may require periodic domestic or international travel
Education & Experience
Requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 6 years and a Master's degree
- We offer all kinds of ways to experience well-being, confidence, and satisfaction. Learn more about Apple benefits.
- Note: Apple benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.