Virtualization Technologies Engineer, GPU
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Nov 10, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200310626
Do you see the big picture and love setting ambitious goals? Do you have a passion for understanding how each line of code affects all the others? In the Core Operating Systems group we ensure that the OS is inseparable from each device's identity as a whole. That's because this group is committed to building fully coordinated operating systems that combine hardware, software, and apps into a single Apple experience. Your dedication to cross-disciplinary collaboration will help develop groundbreaking technologies for macOS, iOS, watchOS, and tvOS. By crafting these distinct, multidisciplinary user experiences, you'll continue to uphold and advance the excellence people expect from Apple devices. Be a part of making the next generation of Apple products. Join an interdisciplinary team in Apple's Core OS group working across the entire system, from the kernel up through libraries, frameworks, and applications. As an engineer you will have a major impact on the design and implementation of Apple's embedded and desktop operating system products, collaborating closely with experts throughout Apple's software and hardware organizations. You'll work with some of the most talented engineers in the industry. We are looking for a candidate who wants to be challenged and is passionate about working on products that affect the lives of millions of users.
- Knowledge of CPUs and GPU architectures.
- Knowledge of OS internals and system programming, device drivers, and memory management.
- Excellent C and C++ programming skills
- Experience with Objective-C or Swift a plus
- Experience working on virtualization technologies - CPU/GPU virtualization or device emulation
- Experience with kernel and/or device driver development
- Experience working with assembly languages
- Familiarity with hardware virtualization technologies
- Highly focused, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules
- Excellent collaborative skills, with strong written and verbal communication
Hardware virtualization is core foundational technology, and you'll be implementing new virtual GPU capabilities across the stack from guest to host.
Education & Experience
BS or higher in Computer Science/Computer Engineering