Market Data Insights Analyst, Sweden - Apple Music
Seattle , Washington , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Nov 11, 2021
Role Number: 200312782
Do you love music? Movies? Are you passionate about analyzing data? We do! As part of the Evaluation & A/B team, you will be a market expert for our Apple Music and Apple TV service. We represent the user's perspective as they vet new features being introduced to Apple Music and Apple TV. Our day-to-day responsibilities will include reviewing data, analyzing data, and creating innovative ideas to help improve Apple search features, and reporting systematic issues to statisticians and engineers. We are looking for someone who is just as passionate about movies and tv as we are! This individual must have Native or fluency in a regional language: Norwegian.
- Demonstrated experience analyzing large data sets and generating reports that identify patterns for Apple Music
- Works well with cross-functional teams, Engineers/Data Scientists who build complex algorithms
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with exceptional interpersonal skills
- Technical - strong quantitative skills, including analytical abilities and math proficiency
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work successfully with teams on multiple projects under tight deadlines
- High attention to detail
- Willingness to be proactive in bringing new, innovative ideas to the table
- Required: Native or fluent in a regional language: Norwegian.
- Experience with data, financial, or business analysis using SQL, macros, etc.
- Experience with search and recommendations engines
- Experience working in the music or movies/tv space
This person will be accountable for the day-to-day analysis for their market, and ensuring timely completion of projects. Supervise the quality of ratings for external vendors, collaborate and provide feedback to vendor PMs Create high quality reports analyzing the issues and patterns for your market and provide feedback to managers, statisticians, and engineers Train and lead fellow Analysts, help improve overall team growth Collaborate with Statisticians and Engineers to evaluate and analyze Apple's search algorithms and data, and identify opportunities for improvement Vet new relevance algorithms and features by rating pages and providing feedback to the engineers for improvement Use metrics and query logs to uncover relevance and data issues and suggest changes to algorithms Work cross-functionally to help resolve search and recommendations issues
Education & Experience
BA/BS or equivalent industry experience