Engineering Manager - Home Services
Raleigh , North Carolina , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Nov 11, 2021
Role Number: 200312714
The people here at Apple don't just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. We believe that it's the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourage the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading privacy and environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it! We are seeking an engineering manager to join our Home Services team. Come investigate emerging technologies and develop next-generation products! The ideal candidate is passionate about building teams, and creating new products with meaningful and disruptive impact to the world.
- Proven skills in building and motivating high-performing teams with an inherent passion to mentor and coach others
- Experience building scalable and distributed systems
- Experience with object-oriented analysis and design with languages like Java
- Experience with web services
- Experience with Relational and NoSQL Databases
- Ability to break down larger, complex problems in to smaller deliverables
As an engineering manager for the Home Services Engineering team, you will have the opportunity to explore and contribute to Apple's goals of building a better future. You will hire, mentor, and grow a new development team in North Carolina. Your communication skills will be vital as you interact with many different groups. You will collaborate with cross-functional partners like UX, iOS engineering, product, and EPMs to plan, scope, and develop solutions. Every day, you will work with passionate problem solvers, designing and building impactful, outstanding services for one of Apple's most innovative spaces.
Education & Experience
BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field, equivalent work experience will be considered.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- We promote innovation and new technology to further improve our creative output. Multifaceted, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. You will be part of building an extraordinary team. We're looking for a hardworking and passionate person to join this amazing team, if you feel this is you, we'd love to hear from you.