Location: United States of America Milwaukee (South 2nd Street)
Location: Mayfield Heights - Ohio
Location: Milwaukee - Wisconsin
This person will create, develop, plan, write and edit operational, instructional, maintenance or test procedures for paper, multimedia or web-based publication. You will conduct interviews with various users and technical staff to gather data for documentation. You will Research and translate technical information into manuals and/or web-based documents for non-technical and technical users. May document engineering processes and specifications. Recommends formats responsive to technical and customer requirements. Produces products that conform to the company documentation and quality assurance standards.
This person will work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercise judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other employees. Establishes operational objectives and work plans
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related equivalent experience
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Experience planning user assistance in an Agile environment
- Can estimate user assistance deliverables based on user stories and requirements
- Can deconstruct user assistance deliverables to minimum viable product requirements
- Comfortable working in Git and other "Docs like Code" type environments
- Extensive content development experience covering desktop software and software as a service offerings
- Writes in a structured environment
- Writes following lean/ simple English writing guidelines
- Familiar with Microsoft Writing Style
- Familiar with Dita
- Understands different requirements for help, manuals, and web site content
- Collaboration with UX on user interface
- Project leadership experience
- Able to coordinate work with different program and schedules
- Contributes leadership on best practices and problem-solving
- Open to working in new environments with evolving toolsets. Experience with Adobe Structured FrameMaker, Adobe Experience Manager, Dita, Git, and Gainsight is a plus.
- Focused on the result, not the method
This position is part of a job family. Experience will be the determining factor.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).