Sodexo has an opening for a Financial Analyst 2. This role is an exciting opportunity to support a newly-created department within the Company that is expected to grow rapidly in the coming years. This is a remote role with the preferred candidate located within a commutable distance to our headquarters in Gaithersburg, Maryland.
The Financial Analyst 2 will collect, analyze, and evaluate production records and trends, as well as evaluate P&L performance of The Pass: Curated Kitchens:
- Production cost and site level measurement
- Labor variance reporting: standard hours expected vs. actual hours
- Material Usage Variance reporting (MUV): standard recovery by component vs. actual usage by component (via Excel, PowerBI or alternative database model)
Provide operations managers and production team with analytical reports and trend analysis that are useful in the identification of opportunities to increase profitability
- Compare expected volume with current, determine key drivers to variance
- May help aggregate data to support using PowerBI/PowerQuery/Excel until long term system/process available.
- Explore potential opportunity areas. Example: Is site still ordering from a 3rd party versus using the The Pass? If so, what is the lost opportunity worth?
- Ad hoc: Help with potential "market basket" comparison requests
- Make recommendations to improve the financial performance
Support opening and implementation of new sites
- Assist with documentation of unit setup process and time-lines
- Develop the financial modeling for new sites
- Use documentation to help smooth out the process, reduce ramp-up, and manage expectations
- Participate in opening team calls and provide financial assistance as needed
Assist in the annual budget, strategic planning and quarterly forecasting processes:
- Assist in managing the collection and consolidation of data from the operational teams to support all requirements
- Analyze and prepare reports for senior management to review the proposed budget/plan/forecast
- Offer observations on risks and opportunities within the consolidated results
- Ensure all North American requirements (SG&A bridges, qualitative summaries, etc.) and deadlines are met
Assist with Merger and Acquisition activities:
- Assist in developing potential M&A business models
- Assist with due diligence activities
- Assist with integration reporting and activities
Will also prepare ad-hoc analysis, as requested, to provide management with insights to improve business performance.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who are/have:
- 3-4 years of relevant work experience.
- B.S. in Accounting or Finance preferred
At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance. We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs, 401k, and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts. Click here for more information about Sodexo's Benefits.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer positions that support a variety of career goals working in diverse business segments, including Corporate Headquarters, Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search today.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities