Sodexo is seeking a Food Operations Manager 1 for Trinity Medical Center, which is part of the National Common Spirit Health System. Trinity Medical Center consists of two hospitals in Steubenville, Ohio. Trinity West averages 100-120 patients daily and East has between 20 - 50 daily behavioral and acute patients. The management team consists of the GM, Chef, Operations Manager, CNM and 4 RD's. The right candidate will have a strong focus on patient and customer satisfaction, ability to build client relations and a passion for food.
Experience building employee loyalty and positive working environment required. Total of approximately $4m in managed volume between East and West. There are 17.4 FTE's at East and 32 FTE's at West.
Sodexo's serves the patients at West and about 120 people are served by the Meals on Wheels program at East. The cafeterias at Trinity East and Trinity West are open to the public for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Daily specials offer hearty meals that are pleasing to the pocketbook! Both locations offer snack and refreshment areas that are accessible to patients and visitors.
The successful candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, a strong knowledge of Sodexo's systems and programs, a passion for serving excellent food and a desire to deliver a program that improves the lives of the people in the Steubenville area.
Trinity Health System is part of Catholic Health Initiatives. The Mission of Catholic Health Initiatives is to nurture the healing ministry of the Church, supported by education and research. Fidelity to the Gospel urges us to emphasize human dignity and social justice as we create healthier communities.
Position is located in Steubenville, Oh which is in a small rural area but is only 40 minutes from Downtown Pittsburgh. This area has a small town feel but if you are more into the hustle and bustle of the Pittsburgh area, its closer than you think and could provide a great commuting experience if that is what you prefer.
Is this opportunity right for you?
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.
Are you the experienced leader in food service we're seeking?
We are looking for candidates who will:
- have oversight of day-to-day operations;
- deliver high quality food service;
- achieve company and client financial targets and goals;
- develop and maintain client and customer relationships;
- develop strategic plans;
- create a positive environment; and
- ensure Sodexo Standards are met.
The ideal candidate:
- has a work history demonstrating strong leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively;
- has a CDM (Certified Dietary Manager) or a Registered Dietitian
- has culinary production experience and a strong background in safety and sanitation compliance;
- has the ability to manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service;
- can demonstrate the ability to prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed; and
- can demonstrate working knowledge of Sodexo Food Management Systems (FMS) and The Market Connection (TMC), and is proficient in computer skills and report management experience.
- Oversees operational systems, processes, and infrastructure while looking for opportunities of improvement or revision.
- Oversees daily operating procedures to ensure continuity of department goals while ensuring all policies, procedures and department goals are being achieved daily.
- Manages day to day business of the operations department while balancing the responsibilities of various business lines such as business analysis, vendor, and risk management.
- Participates in all management meetings, huddles, and in-services.
- Works with sales teams to help set and meet daily and quarterly goals.
- Plays a significant role in long-term planning, project status reporting, and implementing change control processes.
- Works closely with Director/ GM on special planning and departmental projects.
- Oversees and reports weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual metrics.
- Identifies trends and assess opportunities to improve processes and execution.
- Completes reasonability testing and information validation prior to circulating findings and recommendations to key stakeholders.
- Collaborates with other back-office team members to ensure seamless business execution, reinforce positive morale, and uphold company values.
- Collaborates with transitions and onboarding team as needed.
- Raises and tracks issues and conflicts, remove barriers, resolve issues of medium complexity involving stakeholders and escalate to appropriate level when required.
- Assesses a variety of situations and provide clarity to team and stakeholders.
- Establishes and maintains credible, professional relationships with clients, internal business lines, and external vendors.
- Solicits and responds to feedback while gaining commitment and support.
- Supports back-office and firm-wide training programs, reinforcing tech and operations infrastructure between departments to ensure consistency and quality standards are met.
- Stays up to date on industry regulations, trends, and technology.
- Leads staff in all regulatory agency training and preparatory readiness.
- Works closely with management team to ensure all operational, administrative, and compliance functions within the firm are being properly executed in accordance to regulatory-based best practices.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance ... every day.
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.