Success is yours when you collaborate and work hard in our team-based culture.
**Relocation assistance is available**
Sodexo is seeking a General Manager 4 for Alma College located in Alma, MI. Located in a community of 10,000, Alma College is a liberal arts campus that specializes in Science and Fine Arts and features a walkable campus with historic and contemporary buildings. Our campus is an hour north of Lansing, Michigan and 2.5 hours south of Mackinaw Island and the famous 5 mile Mackinaw Bridge that leads to several outdoor destinations in the Upper Peninsula.
Alma College has 1300 students with 95% of the students required to live on campus and have some type of meal plan. Alma has shopping available and is located in an industrial employment market. Hamilton Commons is home to our dining hall which was renovated in 2013. We also have a retail outlet that is located in another building and a fully loaded Starbucks on the edge of campus.
Alma College participates in the NCAA Division 3 Athletics and has over 65% of students who are athletes!
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- proven track record for Integrating fully within our client's organization becoming a trusted advisor and member of the account's leadership team;
- 3-5 years of food service General Manager/Director experience, preferably within a high-volume college/university setting;
- experience managing salaried managers and providing team leadership;
- proven financial acumen, controlling costs, reviewing financial statements and tracking operating expenses;
- excellent professional communication skills, managing all client relationships and ensuring regular contact and communication;
- proven track record of driving innovative strategies for customer satisfaction;
- excelled in building a cohesive team while holding employees accountable, identifying their strengths and building their skills;
- constantly improved food service operations in order to drive client and customer satisfaction; and
- developed strategic plans for account retention and growth.
The successful candidate will:
- develop business plans that establish a rapport, promote partnerships and exceed the University's needs and expectations;
- have a work history demonstrating strong employee engagement leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively;
- manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service;
- prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed; and
- manage the budget by increasing revenue and controlling costs, reviewing financial statements and tracking operating expenses.
Learn more about Alma College at https://www.alma.edu/
At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance. We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs, 401k, and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts. Click here for more information about Sodexo's Benefits.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Culinary jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.