This position is an integral member of the People Services department and acts as a primary resource for the PS Manager/Director. The People Services Administrative Assistant provides administrative support for the People Services Department; including: recruiting, file audits, facilitating new-hire orientation, assisting with/facilitating training, onboarding, processing payroll, tracking PS information and general office duties.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all Company and departmental policies/procedures
- Act as a People Services department resource in the absence of the PS Manager/Director
- Assists with the recruiting process including: posting open positions on internal bulletin boards, using applicant tracking system and on state employment boards; arranging/participating in career fairs, conducting background and reference checks; arrange interview schedules, new-hire orientation, verifies I-9 documents using E-Verify, etc.
- Assist with the audit and maintenance HR files; processes new-hire paperwork
- May assist with the organization and facilitation of training, associate functions, etc.
- Provide general PS office support including scheduling the PS Manager/Director calendar, schedule meetings, training and new-hire orientation; arrange meeting space for training or functions, answering phones, drafting correspondence, filing, organizing, etc.
- May assist with confidential associate investigations
- Demonstrate proficiency with office equipment/software such as computers and Microsoft Office Suite, copiers, fax machines, scanners, etc.
- May assist with benefits administration including monitoring associate hours to ensure eligibility requirements, assist with the benefits enrollment process and terminate coverage when eligibility requirements are no longer being met
- Maintain accurate trace files and communicate daily traces to People Services Manager/Director.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- College degree or any combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
- HR Certification preferred
- Previous experience with preparing/delivering training materials preferred
- Must be detail-oriented and able to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to learn HRIS systems
- Effective verbal and written skills in English
- The ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Must have excellent employee relations skills and the ability to resolve conflict in a positive manner
- Have the ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays when required
Revive your spirit and find your balance at The Westin at The Woodlands. Situated in the heart of The Woodlands, TX, our stunning, contemporary hotel overlooks Waterway Square and sits just steps from the upscale shopping, fine dining and world-class entertainment of The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion. Keep your workout on track in our WestinWORKOUT(R) Fitness Studio or enjoy a refreshing dip in our shimmering outdoor infinity pool. Weddings and corporate meetings find their home in more than 28,000 square feet of versatile meeting and event space. Coupled with thoughtful planning services and innovative catering menus, our Houston hotel helps you craft dynamic events in The Woodlands, TX. Our hotel guest rooms feature the latest technology, modern amenities and personalized touches like the Westin Heavenly(R) Bed and the spa-like Heavenly(R) Bath. Indulge yourself with an in-room massage from Zeel Spa(R). Here at Westin we position guests for relaxation and productivity during your stay in Houston.
Our team members are the true soul of our company. We think differently. About travel, but also about the ways in which we deliver on our promise to engage, delight, awaken and challenge our team members as well as our guests. We are deeply committed to the foundation of core values that molds our interactions with everyone we encounter - our guests, our clients, our team and our communities. We create engaging, impactful environments that connect people and place, awaken the spirit, and allow team members with talent, integrity and heart to thrive. We believe our team members are the true soul of our company. We invite you to join us on this journey.
Area of Interest:
People Services (Human Resources)
Type of Position:
See job description.