Location: Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Join the Rockwell Automation Safety team in providing meaningful and rewarding industrial safety advice to our customers. See all aspects of the industrial world, from food processing/packaging, pharmaceutical development, auto manufacturing, aerospace, and beyond. Flex your knowledge around industrial safety, engineering, and controls to help workers stay safe.
As a Functional Safety Specialist, your core responsibility will be to interact with customers to identify and quantify risks on industrial machinery. With this information, safety solutions can be engineered, verified, and validated to protect workers from injury in the industrial environment.
- Face-to-Face or Virtual interaction with customers to gather knowledge around industrial machine hazards
- Development and delivery of core safety offerings utilizing industry and internal standards for our customers, including but not limited to:
- Lockout Tagout audits and procedures
- Risk Assessments
- Safety Requirement Specifications
- Safety System Engineering
- Safety Function Verification
- Stop Time Measurements / Calculations
- Safety System Validations
- Meet project milestones, or escalating as required to complete projects on time and within scope/budget
- Lead customer meetings as a subject matter expert
- Leverage safety service delivery processes, methodologies, and tools to complete tasks on time and in budget.
- Capable of independent work in project delivery methodologies and use of tools, or obtaining support from senior staff to expand capabilities
- Work with sales offices for customer pre-sales support or other customer/distributor awareness events
- Capable of supporting the sales channel in identifying and qualifying machine safety projects
- Capable of working in a team environment, or independently
- Capable of collaborating with team members to instruct others
- Travel as role requires, (generally Monday thru Friday travel, with occasional weekends)
- Follows safety procedures and guidelines to protect themselves and others
- Strive for quality and an optimal customer experience
- Manages self-timeline, tasks, and quality
- React and respond to project & customer needs, ensuring a timely and quality responses
- Maintain a positive mindset when working on high stress commercial / political issues
- Embrace the Rockwell Automation culture of inclusion/diversity/engagement
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent industrial controls / safety experience.
- 5+ years of industrial controls or machine safety experience
- Experience in industrial safety (risk assessment delivery, system design, etc.)
- Working knowledge of OSHA and industrial safety standards (ISO, ANSI, etc.)
- Working knowledge of the Safety Lifecycle and ability to complete safety assessments, typically non-team based, without supervision.
- Have a TUV Functional Safety Technician Certification (or equivalent)
- Have, or working towards, a TUV Functional Safety Engineer Certification (or equivalent)
- Working knowledge of ISO 13849, ISO 12100, ANSI B11, ANSI Z244.1, NFPA 79, NFPA 70E, OSHA CFR 1910.147 and OSHA CFR 1910 subpart O.
- Experience in industrial controls, (design, troubleshooting, etc.)
- Experience in managing projects.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).