Supplier Quality Engineer- Display
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Posted: Nov 12, 2021
Role Number: 200310162
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don't just create products - they create the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple Display Technical Operation team is looking for a world-class Display SQE (Supply Quality Engineer) team to lead the activities from development through manufacturing. The display SQE is a lead engineer who drives and delivers scalable 5-star quality display products.
- Knowledge of LCD, electrical and optical operations in display technology.
- Strong communication, multi-tasking and people-management skill.
- Capability to execute DOE, failure analysis, and yield improvement.
- Experience working with LCD manufactures and familiar with quality control and monitoring system.
Act as a lead engineer to drive overall display quality system development at display vendors and OEMs. Act as a technical lead engineer to coordinate the yield and quality improvement activities with cross functional teams and suppliers, drive failure analysis, corrective action implementation plan from engineering build to end of production and apply the learning to the next generation product. Identify technical challenges, review the new products, new process design and specification to ensure scalability. Review display supplier quality control flow, reliability test plan, in process quality control system, in-coming components, out-going product's quality control plan and system test plan to prevent quality issues. Monitor supplier and OEM's yield performance, process critical to quality (CTQ) and take prompt actions for quality issues. Lead suppliers by providing technical direction to establish and validate process capability and risk assessment. Review display supplier's process readiness and mass production capability to identify potential risk and and address the issue before ramp. Support build activities at display vendors and OEMs. Review supply plan with cross functional teams to ensure supplier can meet quality and quantity. Communication and reporting : Synthesize information on the programs and issues into concise communications for the executive teams. International travel is required.
Education & Experience
BS or MS degree in Engineering, EE, material science, ME.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.