Software Engineer Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Sales and Business Development
Posted: Nov 12, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200304152
The people here at Apple don't just create products - they create the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it! Apple is looking for an exceptional software engineering manager to join our worldwide business development and strategy team. This is an opportunity to lead multiple fast-paced teams that play key roles in the overall success of our organization through technology enablement. You'll play a critical part in driving our technology vision forward and ensuring that we implement across multiple initiatives.
- At least 8+ years of hands on software development experience, and at least 3+ years engineering management experience
- Experience developing large scale distributed computing systems
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with multi-functional teams about various topics such as product requirements, user experience, system architecture, APIs and project schedules
- Deep experience with Relational databases and NoSQL databases
- Proven software engineering experience in design, test, and source code management
- Extremely organized, detail oriented, and thorough in every undertaking
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Passion to recruit, hire and build high-performance engineering teams.
We are looking for a dedicated software engineer manager that can lead multiple teams while delivering high quality and performant solutions in a fast paced environment. In this hands-on role, you will drive innovative architectures that sit at the intersection of large data sets, predictive analytics, and polyglot services. YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE: - Lead several teams of highly skilled engineers ensuring technical consistency and delivery - Directly collaborate with and offer insightful direction and feedback on technical architecture design reviews while defining the long term technical strategy - Actively coach and inspire your teams with timely and concrete feedback - Design and implement REST APIs and architect inter-service communication and data flows - Perform research and development on new technologies while delivering proof of concepts - Use software engineering standard methodologies (CI, unit testing, testing, etc)
Education & Experience
BS/MS CS/CE or equivalent.
- At Least 8 years of experience.