Embedded Power Software Engineer
San Diego , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Nov 13, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200313045
Are you a fearless thinker? Do you love the challenge of advancing a widely accepted technology? In the Wireless Software group, you'll be responsible for bringing groundbreaking wireless connectivity to the world through Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, and more. You'll design, develop, and patent the next generation of our state-of-the art connectivity technologies. You'll collaborate across departments to help craft wireless solutions that elevate the customer experience with Apple products and services. Our goal is to ensure nothing stands in the way of our customers' connections with their devices. If you join us, you'll help build world-renowned wireless systems so seamless that they almost feel like magic. Join the Wireless Technologies and Ecosystems team and be part of a best-in-class team of engineers, working with multi-functional teams to drive innovation and develop products used by millions worldwide. We are looking for a highly reciprocal individual who can excel in a high-paced environment. Be ready to make something extraordinary when you come here. Dynamic, encouraging people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same real passion for innovation also applies to our business practices - strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. You should join Apple if you want to help deliver the next amazing Apple product.
- 4+ years experience in wireless product development
- Experienced in doing low level driver development for cellular modem products
- Strong expertise in the area of power management system/SW architecture & power flows
- Strong expertise in design and implementation of modem power management drivers
- Strong Software Engineering skills including design, programming (using C, C++), scripting (Python preferred, Perl) and debugging
- Experience in debugging complex race conditions between SW and HW power management flows
- Hands-on experience in debugging of modem products.
- Highly motivated and self-directed
- Excellent debugging skills. Hands-on experience in debugging of modem products.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment and can clearly communicate while confidently driving multiple projects across many teams.
- Hardworking, inquisitive and seeks to solve everyday problems in innovative ways.
- Laser-focused on the smallest details that are meaningful to our customer
Start here to describe the role ...Apple's Cellular Software team is seeking passionate, highly motivated and focused engineers to work across layers on groundbreaking cellular technologies. The position involves identifying and/or developing core cellular technologies that solves everyday problems for customers using iPhone, iPad, Watch and other wireless product lines. We are passionate about keeping our users connected 24/7 wherever they go. This team takes pride in not just coming up with proven software designs but also in redefining traditional models of the cellular ecosystem. We go above and beyond to bring user experience to the next level. Our members enjoy the flexibility to work on all aspects of Cellular Protocol software - SIM, NAS, AS and iOS interfaces, to come up with the best possible solution for any given problem. Are you equally passionate about cellular technologies and have the dream to work on groundbreaking cellular technologies? Then we are looking for you. As part of this team you will impact iPhone user experience worldwide.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Masters in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent.