Manager Interactive Technology Operations
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Nov 12, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200312921
Apple is looking for a dynamic, highly motivated people manager to lead the Interactive Technology Operations team. This team leads store engagement, multi-functional coordination, and execution of customer-facing technology in Apple Retail.
- Responsible for handling and leading a global multidisciplinary team which engages on technology planning, execution and support of our 500+ stores internationally.
- Leads multi-functional coordination of new technology and Product Launches. Partners closely with Visual Merchandising, IS&T, internal engineering teams, and Apple product and marketing teams to ensure smooth and successful launches.
- Responsible for planning the roles and work of dedicated store personnel responsible for in-store technology execution. Develop and deliver communication, tools and training for field team members responsible for interactive technology in stores and drive continuous improvement through feedback.
- Collaborates with software development, infrastructure, QA and technology teams on release management practices, training, quality, and transition-in activities to ensure team is prepared to support additional functionality and technology.
- Defines and implements metrics, telemetry, and reporting to provide "eyes and ears" into our stores. Applies this to drive engineering roadmaps and improvements to technology and improved supportability.
- Monitor production issues post debut driving root-cause analysis and lessons learned.
You will be responsible for leading a team of Project Managers and Support Engineers located in the US, Europe, and Asia who engage with our stores globally on in-store technology such as Demo Devices, Interactive Experience Bays, Video Walls, in-store Audio, and back-end systems. Your team will ultimately lead the success of bringing technology to stores, engaging from the concept phases of technology all the way through to leading implementation. Partnering closely with Engineering, Product Management, Store Teams, Merchandising, and Business Partner teams across Apple, this role will lead the team with the goal of providing an incredible technology experience for our Customers and Employees.
Education & Experience
- *7+ years of experience with 4+ years working in a leadership role delivering complex technology solutions, ideally within a leading consumer products and/or retail organization.
- *Consistent track record of developing, managing, and leading teams of technology professionals that are geographically dispersed.
- *Strong people development attitude with track record of growing and developing team members in their careers.
- *Skilled ability to develop written communications, process documentation, procedures, and training guides. Experience working with communication and training teams to implement organizational change activities.
- *Ability to deliver multiple projects and work with multiple technologies simultaneously including experience with enterprise audio visual technology and device management solutions.
- *Prior success leveraging metrics, feedback, and root cause analysis to drive team performance.
- *Demonstrated ability to work with and develop relationships with product managers, business partners, engineering, and other teams to implement large scale enterprise systems. Knowledge of Retail systems is a plus.
- *Excellent meeting facilitation, written, verbal, and presentation skills
- *Ready sense of humor
- *Ability to travel internationally