$19.98 - $22.85 Hourly
Monday - Friday 8 - 5, some evenings and weekends
Tulsa Community College is committed to creating equitable and inclusive work environments to support the success of the full range of our employees. We believe that employees who feel valued and respected will create policies, programs, practices and services to effectively meet the needs and exceed the expectations of our increasingly diverse student populations. We encourage candidates to apply who have demonstrated capacity to create inclusive work environments, to work effectively on increasingly diverse teams, and to serve the increasingly diverse college community. We are committed to hiring and retaining a racially diverse, culturally competent staff at all levels of the organization who not only reflect the demographics of our students, but also continue to deepen their skills and competencies to serve the full range of our community.
The Scholarship Coordinator is responsible for managing the College's scholarship and tuition waiver initiatives, determining student eligibility, counseling students and parents regarding scholarship opportunities and communicating with College community regarding TCC scholarship and tuition waiver opportunities.
1. Responsible for determining eligibility for and application of awards, disbursing and reconciling the College's scholarship and tuition waiver funds including Tulsa Achieves, Concurrent Tuition Waivers, True Blue Lead, departmental tuition waivers, and scholarships offered through the TCC.
Foundation. Lead the annual scholarship application and selection process as well as serve on
various College Committees regarding the scholarship process.
2. Responsible for managing Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education scholarship programs such as Oklahoma's Promise, Academic Scholars, William P Willis , OTAG, etc. including awarding, claiming funds and reconciliation of each fund.
3. Responsible for providing customer service and communication to prospective and current students regarding scholarship and tuition waiver opportunities at Tulsa Community College.
4. Develop, manage, and maintain scholarship policies, procedures, and operations in collaboration with the Director of Financial Aid & Scholarships to ensure appropriate disbursement and fiscal accountability. Lead oversight for Academic Works and ensure system is updated annually.
5. Provide College Departments notification of budgetary requirements, limitations and expenditure of funds.
6. Responsible for staff supervision; organizing and coordinating work-flow/ schedules, monitoring quantitative/qualitative output, staff effectiveness, and conducting performance evaluations of staff.
Bachelor's degree one of the behavioral sciences, public or business administration or a job-related field of study.
3 years experience in higher education, financial aid or scholarship administration.
Knowledge of Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education scholarship programs.
Ability to prepare and maintain accurate records and meeting minutes.
Ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriately handle sensitive communications with students, parents, employees and external agencies.
Experience with Microsoft Office suite including Word and Excel.
Knowledge of federal Title IV regulations regarding awarding and disbursement of aid.
Experience with Academic Works/Blackbaud or other scholarship software.
Banner 9 experience.