Full-Time Opportunity for a Pension Plan Administrator
Where: 100 Leibert Road Hartford, CT 06120
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm
Duties: This position provides overall administration of the following pension plans:
- Pension Plan for Employees of H.N.S. Management Company, Inc., Represented by
- H.N.S. Management Company, Inc., Retirement Plan.
- H.N.S. Management Company, Inc., 401(K) Savings Plan.
For all 3 Retirement Plans
- Prepares and files all federal tax returns (Form 5500) and Annual Statements Identifying Separated Participants with Vested Benefit forms (8955-A) on an annual basis.
- Ensures plans are in compliance with deferral regulations including the preparation and distribution of all required participant/regulatory notices. Responsible for communications between regulatory agencies (IRS,PBGC, and Department of Labor) and plan sponsor with respect to retirement plans.
- Coordinates all legal, actuarial and audit services for the plans, Responsible for responding to all requests resulting from on-site audits by IRS, DOL and plan auditors.
- Schedules, facilitates and records the minutes associated with all Trustees’ meetings.
- Liaison with servicers providing recordkeeping functions for the plans.
- Updates Summary Plan Description booklet as required and distributes to all plan participants.
- Ensures highly compensated testing is completed and plans are in compliance.
- Monitors governmental and regulatory bulletins to keep abreast of changes that may impact the plans.
- Oversees the review of Qualified Domestic Relations Orders (QDRO’s). Ensures separate accounts are established for Alternate Payees.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business administration, or related field. A Certified Public Accountant certificate or post-graduate education in these fields is desirable. An understanding of the applicable Federal Income Tax laws and computer programs (word processing, spread sheet and data base) is a must for this position. Significant post graduate training of a specialized nature in the areas of accounting, benefits and pension plan administration, taxes, or financial management may be a substitute for a portion of the work experience requirement.
- Five (5) years of professional, full time accounting experience, including some supervisory and management experience. Significant financial accounting and income tax experience is highly desirable and may be substituted for a portion of the education requirement.
- Must be able to work independently and handle confidential information. The ability to prioritize projects and have excellent verbal and written communication skills is a must
- Good work record is essential.
- Valid drivers' license and the ability to be insured by our insurance company throughout employment. Individual may be required to travel in the course of their daily work.
- Proficient in software programs (word processing, spreadsheet and database), Internet applications and utilization of all relevant office equipment. The ability to learn quickly internal software programs.
Compensation: Competitive Salary with Excellent Benefits! Employees ride for free on CTtransit buses.
Apply Now: Please visit our website at http://www.cttransit.com/Careers/ to view the full job description and apply. Please attach a Resume and Cover Letter to include salary expectation.
***All newly hired CTtransit employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
CTtransit is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
CTtransit is the brand name of the eight bus transit systems owned by the Connecticut Department of Transportation and operated by various contractors. HNS Management Company operates the Hartford, New Haven, and Stamford Divisions of CTtransit, and, in 2015 assumed responsibility for operating most of the service on CTfastrak, the State-owned bus rapid transit line serving Central Connecticut. We are the second largest public transit system in New England with a total fleet of over 450 buses and over 27 million annual customers. HNS employs over 1,200 bus operators, maintenance employees, and administrative personnel. HNS management reports to the Connecticut Department of Transportation’s Bureau of Public Transportation.