All employees of Women In Distress are considered “essential” and as such may be required to be available to remain onsite and/or required to assist during emergencies and other critical times.
Job Title: Training & Technical Assistance Specialist
Reports to: Education & Prevention Manager
Days/Hours: Full time, 40 hours per week Monday-Friday to include some flexibility to travel locally and statewide, and work evenings and weekends as needed. Weekday work hours vary depending on technical assistance requests and training needs. Position requires employee to have scheduling flexibility as needed to support the team and meet the needs of this agency.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree, in Social Work, Psychology, Education, or related human services field preferred.
- Two (2) years of domestic violence work experience preferred.
- One to two (1-2) years of training, education, or public speaking experience preferred.
- Strong adherence to agency values and ability to promote practice models and trainings rooted in empathy, empowerment, and trauma-informed service philosophies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including interpersonal communication and public speaking.
- Strong project management, organization, and time-management skills.
- Ability to work independently and solve problems creatively.
- Proficient computer and technology skills, including Microsoft Office Suite and virtual training/meeting platforms (like Zoom).
- Must be willing to travel statewide as needed.
- Valid Florida driver’s license. Safe/Acceptable driving history. Proof of Automobile Liability Insurance.
Salary: $18.00 per hour
Workplace Location(s): Jim and Jan Moran Family Center, Deerfield Beach, FL and other assigned locations throughout the county and state as needed (mileage and travel costs reimbursed.)
Position Summary: The Training & Technical Assistance Specialist will develop and provide trainings on domestic violence and hotline best practices to certified DV center advocates and community partners and will distribute and post information about available local and national training opportunities. The Training & Technical Assistance Specialist will also provide hotline technical assistance via in person or virtual methods to certified domestic violence centers and community-based partners within the state. Additionally, the Training & Technical Assistance Specialist will work with the department manager as needed to provide guidance and support to the statewide training and technical assistance team, and to collect and review monthly reports and documentation.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop and facilitate evidence-based, effective domestic violence and hotline training to certified center staff and community partners.
- Provide solution-focused, best practice-oriented technical assistance to certified domestic violence center hotline advocates throughout the state, via in-person or virtual methods.
- Document all facilitated trainings and technical assistance, and utilize the information reported to evaluate needs and trends to identify future training and technical assistance opportunities.
- Distribute and promote information about identified national and local training opportunities on new and emerging trends related to hotline provision or domestic violence.
- Collaborate with the Community Advocacy Manager, Education & Prevention Manager, and Chief Operating Officer as needed on project-related deliverables.
- Work with the department manager as needed to collect and review monthly reports and documentation for statewide technical assistance and training programs, and to maintain the Coalition Manager database.
- Complete all other duties as assigned.
Additional requirements: Employee will be required to take the Department of Children and Families (DCF) Core Competency training and obtain a passing grade of 75% or higher.
To Apply: Send letter of interest & updated resume to email@example.com and Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Women In Distress does not discriminate by reason of race, sex, color, age, national origin, religion, mental or physical ability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or military reserve status, immigration status, or language spoken. All room assignments,