Case Aide/Transportation Specialist - Bilingual Preferred
Requisition #: req6203
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Hours: Full-time (40 hours/week)
* This position is eligible for a $1500 sign-on bonus *
Bethany is changing the world through family. We began our work by serving one child more than 75 years ago. Today, Bethany is an international Christian nonprofit partnering with communities in more than 30 states and in several countries around the world. We strengthen and preserve families, support displaced people fleeing danger, and find safe, loving families for children who need them. Bethany is at the forefront of creating and implementing solutions to meet the growing needs of vulnerable children and families in the U.S. and around the world.
The UC TFC Case Aide is primarily responsible for assisting the medical, educational, case management team with client transportation to appointments in the community when needed. This individual will also be responsible for assisting the case management team in documentation, communication and client facing activities. Success in this role includes flexible with understanding day to day activities may change on a moment's notice. This individual must be open and available to assist the teams in any way needed to support the children in the program.
This position is expected to function effectively with regular supervision while following the guidelines given on procedures, along with agency, federal, and state regulatory requirements.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Provide transportation to clients for but not limited to medical appointments, legal appointments, hearings, and other social agencies;
- Effectively report the behavior's of children during transportation to foster parents and the treatment team;
- Provide assistance with intake and discharge related transportation to include travel from state-to-state for reunification with a sponsor;
- Assist the medical team with administrative task, as needed;
- Provide language interpretation to clients for appointments out in the community, when needed;
- Provide supervision of youth in the classroom, when needed;
- Ensure professional boundaries are established and maintained at all times on the job and especially when supervising youth;
- Maintain an adequate knowledge of trauma and attend continuous training in the Sanctuary Model of Care to ensure compliance with trauma-informed environment;
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent;
- Must be at least 21 years of age to operate a vehicle on behalf of the agency;
- Bilingual: English and Spanish;
- Knowledge of trauma and willing to be trained in the Sanctuary Model of Care to ensure compliance with trauma-informed environment;
- Demonstrated organizational skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Must be willing and able to provide language interpretation services;
- Must have an ability to provide excellent and compassionate customer service;
- Ability to work independently with strong attention to detail;
- Must be reliable with time sensitive deadlines and tasks;
- Computer and typing skills sufficient to perform essential job functions;
- Active motor vehicle license and a reliable automobile with adequate insurance coverage;
- Pass a criminal history screen, including state and local child protection agency registries;
- Subscription to and integration of the agency Statement of Faith, Mission Statement, and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment.
We value and embrace the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion; our culture is strengthened and our workplace is more dynamic. We are a global organization with multicultural staff, clients and stakeholders, so we strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. More work remains, but we are deeply committed to honestly acknowledging and addressing the impacts of race and racism throughout the organization. This work can be uncomfortable and even painful, but we believe that the greatest challenges bear the greatest rewards.