Bilingual Childcare/Teacher's Aide
Requisition #: req6213
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Hours: Full-time (40 hours weekly)
This position offers a $1500 sign-on bonus
Bethany is changing the world through family. We began our work by serving one child more than 75 years ago. Today, Bethany is an international Christian nonprofit partnering with communities in more than 30 states and in several countries around the world. We strengthen and preserve families, support displaced people fleeing danger, and find safe, loving families for children who need them. Bethany is at the forefront of creating and implementing solutions to meet the growing needs of vulnerable children and families in the U.S. and around the world.
As an Early Childhood Care Provider, you will be primarily responsible for providing care for children and infants while parents are in school or receiving assessments.
This position is expected to function effectively with moderate supervision while following the guidelines given on procedures, along with agency, federal, and state regulatory requirements.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Monitor the safety of children and infants while in care;
- Provide care for infant and toddler children including preparing meals and snacks, changing diapers, scheduling activities and routines, and rest times;
- Watch for signs of emotional or developmental problems in children to bring to the attention of case managers;
- Keep up-to-date and accurate records of children's progress, routines, and interests;
- Collaborate with parents of infants and toddlers on parenting skills and educate on child care best practices;
- Assist in classroom sessions and participate in field trips with school-aged youth, as needed;
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent;
- At least one (1) year of experience working in a similar role or with direct childcare;
- Must be CPR, First Aid, and AEC certified upon hire or within 60 days of hire;
- Bi-lingual in one or more of the following languages with English: Spanish
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills;
- Computer and typing skills sufficient to perform essential job functions;
- Must be willing and able to work days, evenings, and weekends, as needed;
- Must have a high level of patience with immense love and compassion for young children;
- Must have a familiarity with the nutritional and hygiene needs of children;
- Must have an in-depth understanding on a child's need for social, physical and intellectual growth;
- Demonstrate an ability to be flexible, and creative in a diverse setting;
- Must have knowledge of state, community and agency resources;
- Active motor vehicle license and a reliable automobile with adequate insurance coverage;
- Pass a criminal history screen, including state and local child protection agency registries;
- Subscription to and integration of the agency Statement of Faith, Mission Statement, and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment.
We value and embrace the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion; our culture is strengthened and our workplace is more dynamic. We are a global organization with multicultural staff, clients and stakeholders, so we strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. More work remains, but we are deeply committed to honestly acknowledging and addressing the impacts of race and racism throughout the organization. This work can be uncomfortable and even painful, but we believe that the greatest challenges bear the greatest rewards.