The Operations Associate III will review, process, and monitor new and existing foreign customer accounts. This includes using critical thinking skills, analyzing documents and data, and provide support to branch offices for the onboarding and maintenance of foreign accounts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Investigate and review documentation for opening new foreign accounts, including complex entities.
- Process and update information on existing foreign accounts which may include data points such as address, phone number, or authorized individuals.
- Collaborate with other areas such as AML, Tax Reporting, and legal to ensure documentation and data received aligns with firm policies and procedures.
- Provide support and guidance to branch offices regarding legal opinions for foreign countries, and documentation required based on each account type and country.
- Review and monitor daily reports as related to new and existing foreign accounts.
- Assist in other areas of the New Accounts department
- Strong understanding of corporate entities for both US and foreign clients, including complex structures, legal registrations, and tax forms.
- Experience with onboarding foreign clients and conducting reviews of high risk foreign clients.
- Knowledge of rules such as Books and Records, 2111, and FINCEN Beneficial Owner.
- Bilingual with the ability to not only speak English and Spanish but to also read and review documents written in Spanish.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Required: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum Required: 4-6 years' experience in onboarding or operations, specifically foreign accounts.
SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGY
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
- BETA experience a plus but not required
Established in 1890, Stifel is one of the nation's leading full-service wealth management and investment banking firms. Stifel serves clients from more than 400 offices across the United States and ranks as the nation's seventh largest full-service investment firm in terms of number of financial advisors. We are also a leading provider of investment banking services to the middle market, a top-ten municipal bond underwriter, and home to one of the industry's largest research franchises. In addition our Stifel Bank subsidiary provides a comprehensive range of banking services.
At Stifel we offer an entrepreneurial environment, comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental and vision care, 401k, wellness initiatives, life insurance, and paid time off.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. We continue to monitor the current public health situation and have adjusted our hiring procedures to include virtual recruiting tools that allow us to continue meeting new candidates. We look forward to "virtually" meeting you.
Stifel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Business Operations Specialists, All Other
High School or Equivalent
4 to 6 years