Logistics at full potential.
At GXO, were constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels, who can deliver the caliber of service our company requires. You know that a positive work environment creates happy employees, which boosts productivity and dedication. On our team, youll have the support to excel at work, and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
At GXO Logistics, our employees are our greatest asset. As the Generalist, Human Resources, you will play a key role in ensuring that we continue to encourage, support, and retain our employees. Youll be responsible for the full scope of Human Resources (HR) activities, including hiring and staffing, training and development, compensation and benefits, and health and safety. Youll also manage various HR projects, communicate employment laws and regulations, and maintain a union-free work environment. If youre looking for a great career with a dynamic global company, join us at GXO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What youll do on a typical day:
- Partner with the Operations team to provide direction and guidance regarding policies, procedures and state and federal regulatory compliance requirements; keep management and Operations apprised of internal and external HR developments that may impact overall effectiveness
- Facilitate new hire orientation and ensure a positive onboarding experience
- Maintain associate personnel files and training materials, ensuring documents and manuals are current, accurate, confidential and in compliance with company policies and government regulations
- Work creatively with leave administrator and management to effectively handle and track leave programs, including short-term disability, workers compensation, FMLA and personal leaves
- Implement and utilize HR metrics to measure performance
- Assist with performance management, including delivering disciplinary actions for hourly employees and processing terminations in partnership with corporate HR and Legal
What you need to succeed at GXO:
At a minimum, youll need:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent related work or military experience
- 1 year of HR experience
- Experience working with HRIS and time/attendance systems
- Knowledge of multiple human resources disciplines, including federal and state employment and benefits laws
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Bilingual English/Spanish
Itd be great if you also have:
- 5 years of HR experience
- PHR certification
We engineer faster, smarter, leaner supply chains.
GXO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make GXO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
GXO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with GXO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Review GXO's candidate privacy statement here.