$$ 1,000 Sign on Bonus for External Candidates $$
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Medical Assistant reports to the Center Administrator and provides routine patient care within his/her level of training and functions under the direction/guidance of the clinical supervisor and/or the physician in accordance with relevant state statutes.
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate commitment to superior customer service, including quality and care and concern with each and every internal and external customer
- Under direction and supervision of physician, administers medications, administers immunizations, EKGs, ear washes, and other patient services. Assists in simple office and minor surgical procedures. Assists with the education of the patient and/or family as directed by the physician
- Performs venipuncture under the direction of a physician or advance care practitioner
- Contacts patients as needed to give testing results instructions from the physician and scheduling of necessary visits. Answers telephone inquiries and triage calls
- Responsible for all laboratory duties including drawing, spinning, prepping blood for testing and maintaining appropriate logs. Acts as liaison between all independent lab services and the center
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school graduate, GED or equivalent
- Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare providers (AHA) or CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer (American Red Cross) or the ability to attain within 90 days of employment
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program with a valid MA school, or Registered Medical Assistant (RMA), or Certified Medical Assistant (CMA)
- 1+ years of experience as a Medical Assistant or related experience in a medical setting
- Proven Phlebotomy Skills
- Ability to read, write and speak the Spanish language fluently
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at OptumCare. We're on a mission to change the face of health care. As the largest health and wellness business in the US, we help 58 million people navigate the health care system, finance their health care needs and achieve their health and well-being goals. Fortunately, we have a team of the best and brightest minds on the planet to make it happen. Together we're creating the most innovative ideas and comprehensive strategies to help heal the health care system and create a brighter future for us all. Join us and learn why there is no better place to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment
Job Keywords: Medical Assistant, MA, RMA, CMA, Family Practice, Primary Care, Internal Medicine, Geriatric, North Tampa, Florida, FL