Sodexo is committed to providing working conditions and client services that are safe and healthy and will follow all applicable COVID-19 prevention measures, including state/local or client-mandated mask, testing and/or vaccine requirements.
Let your passion for people be the driver of your success at Sodexo. Through your leadership, your team will make a real impact every day.
Sodexo Senior Living is seeking an Area General Manager to support our Senior Living accounts located in the Michigan/Ohio Region. The ideal candidate will be located in a metropolitan area within this region.This is a key role that will focus on providing food service management support for multiple Senior Living accounts and new business. This position will require travel within the region. The ideal candidate will reside in the areas, and will have at least 5 years of management experience in a food service environment.
This is an exceptional career growth opportunity with the strong possibility of moving into a district manager role within the region.
This Area General Manager will work in collaboration with our District Manager to provide oversight of dining services with a focus on cost controls, customer service, client relationsips, and strategic leadership. This individual will work closely with all staff in the workplace to exceed resident and client expectations.
This position requires superior leadership, strong communication skills in both written and verbal, as well as business and financial acumen. Must be able to build strong relationships with clients, provide creative and innovative programs and cost saving options. This position will interface with the client and residents on a regular basis to listen to and look for opportunities for innovation and creativity.
The successful candidate will:
- have the ability to travel between buildings as needed;
- have oversight of daily food operations in multiple locations;
- work in partnership with client vision and expectations while delivering on high quality strategies;
- create a positive environment; and/or
- ensure Sodexo standards are met.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- have a work history demonstrating strong employee engagement, leadership skills, as well as previous management experience and the ability to work collaboratively;
- have culinary production experience and a strong background in safety and sanitation compliance;
- can manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service;
- exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed; and/or
- demonstrate working knowledge of automated food inventory, ordering, production and management systems.
At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance. We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs, 401k, and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts. Click here for more information about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.